In August 2017, a delivery truck driver pulled up to a Juvenile Detention Centre in Texas.
He expected to be greeted by Gilberto Escamilla (the prison’s Food Services Administrator). On that particular day, Gilberto was nowhere to be found, as he was at a medical appointment. The driver called into the kitchen asking where they wanted him to unload the 800 pounds of fajita meat he had in the back of his truck. The bewildered employee on the other end of the line explained the detention center had never served fajitas!
The driver insisted he’d been delivering fajita meat to the detention center on the regular – for nearly a decade! When Gilberto returned to work the following day, he was confronted and ultimately confessed to intercepting these deliveries for more than 9 years – selling the fajita meat to a local restaurant owner. All in all, it was a $1.2 million dollar crime, resulting in a 50-year jail sentence for Gilberto. What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role? Nothing at all!
Now that we have your attention, we’d like to direct you to Jeanne Agius’ latest role – a Front-End Web Developer (Shopify) in Montreal. The role offers the flexibility of 100% work from home!
POSITION: FRONT-END WEB DEVELOPER (SHOPIFY) REPORTS TO: SENIOR PRODUCT MANAGER
OFFICE: MONTREAL (100% WORK FROM HOME) INDUSTRY: COMPUTER AND ELECTRONICS MANUFACTURING
· Collaborate with engineers, product managers, marketing and UX team to develop functional & high-quality web applications
· Help improve their existing website and web-based platforms
· Implement UI / UX design frameworks for both website + web-based platforms bridging the gap between the art of digital design + the science of computer programming – to transform the agreed upon visual elements into code
· Share expertise as team builds future roadmaps + develops new projects to increase user engagement
· Develop the front-end of the website – using Shopify
· ~4+ years’ experience working as a Front-End developer
· Experience with Shopify themes, plugins and templates (Liquid)
· Understanding of key design principles with experience converting Figma designs into web pages
· Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB) and web servers (e.g. Apache)
· Strong understanding of SEO
· Experience with versioning software such as BitBucket and other tools (e.g. JIRA)
· Willingness to try new approaches or accept ideas from other members on the team
· Experience leading projects/roadmap design, is a huge bonus
DESIRED CANDIDATE PROFILE
· Desire to challenge the status-quo and develop new ideas or approaches that haven’t been considered
· Keen to both learn and teach - leadership comes from all levels of the organization but they also always have blind spots they can improve upon
· Ability to be both autonomous in your role and collaborative with the team, when required
· Fluency in English; written and spoken
· Working hours based on the Montreal time zone (that’s Eastern time)!
SALARY: $70,000 – $85,000
OTHER: Unlimited PTO (2 weeks minimum vacation, + 1 week during winter holidays) + Private Health Insurance for employees and their families + Stock Options + Scooter for personal use during summer + Metro Pass reimbursement during winter Company laptop + Health & Dental Insurance WHAT NOW? If you’re qualified for this role … the ball is in your court.
1: Email your resume to Jeanne Agius at; email@example.com.
2: Ensure the subject line reads; 800 POUNDS – 19A23MTCHFBL
3: Based on the job description, explain how you are qualified for this role.