On July 28, 1945, 20-year-old, Betty-Lou Oliver arrived at the Empire State Building to start her regular shift as an elevator attendant. She could never have imagined what the next few hours had in store for her!
World War II was ending, and a B-25 service bomber was delivering servicemen from Massachusetts to LaGuardia Airport, in NYC.
Flying in thick fog, the pilot asked for permission to land but the tower at LaGuardia instructed him not to do so. Even so, the captain ignored the order and disoriented by the fog, made a turn – right above mid-town Manhattan.
Moments later, that same B-25 crashed into the Empire State Building – causing massive destruction.
Betty-Lou was thrown from her elevator – suffering a broken pelvis, back and neck!
First responders made their way to the 79th floor and pushed Betty-Lou’s stretcher into another elevator – unaware that parts of the plane’s engine had weakened its cables! When those cables snapped, Betty-Lou plunged 75 stories!
Incredibly, the 1,000 feet of cable had broken away and fallen to the base of the elevator shaft – providing a ‘cushion of sorts’ for the free-falling elevator.
Although she suffered additional injuries, 8 months later, Betty-Lou had completely recovered from the harrowing ordeal!
What does all of this have to do with Match and Fable’s newest mandate?
Nothing at all!
That said, while we have your attention, Janna French’s client is looking for an Executive / Personal Assistant in the Innisfil area.
POSITION: EXECUTIVE / PERSONAL ASSISTANT
LOCATION: INNISFIL, ONTARIO (MON TO FRI: 8:30am – 4:30pm)
INDUSTRY: PACKAGING RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Day-to-day professional administration for the CEO
· Prepare + maintain confidential files & other sensitive information
· Answer phones + screen calls + route calls + take messages
· File + retrieve corporate records, documents + reports
· Research + conducting data to prepare documents for review & development of presentations
· Manage calendar + assist in preparing / booking meetings + greeting clients + recording minutes
· Utilize various software – primarily the Microsoft Office Suite + presentation software
· Reading + analyze incoming memos, submissions + distribution of same
· Coordinate detailed travel arrangements, for executives
· Open + sort + distribute incoming emails + other correspondence
· Provide general administrative + office support
· Personal assistant responsibilities will comprise approximately 15% of the overall role
· 3+ years’ experience as an Executive Assistant (or other relevant administrative support role)
· Confidential, professional, detailed, reliable + trustworthy
· Resourceful and a fast learner with in-depth understanding of MS Office suite
· Able to organize + prioritize a daily workload
· Empathetic & a strong ability to collaborate with team
· Must be able to meet deadlines and pivot in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment
· Must have an initiative-taking approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skill sets
· Professional verbal and written communications skill sets
· Strong organizational and planning skills
· Must have a valid driver's license
BASE SALARY: $59,000 – $70,000
OTHER: vacation + rrsp + health benefits (w/ flex plan) + EAPs
INTERESTED & QUALIFIED?
1: Email your resume to Janna French at; email@example.com.
2: Ensure the subject line reads; BETTY LOU – 15I22MTCHFBL. 3: Based on the job description, tell Janna specifically, why you’re a fit for this role.