On March 23, 1965, Gus Grissom and John Young prepared to blast off into space, on the Gemini III capsule.
One of the objectives of their mission was to determine how astronauts could eat, (mess-free) in space.
The cuisine on the Gemini III kinda sucked – consisting of squeezy tubes and plastic packages.
Unimpressed by the menu, prior to blasting off, John smuggled a Corned Beef on Rye onto the capsule.
A few hours into their mission, John unwrapped the contraband sandwich – and offered Grissom a bite.
To their horror, they quickly realized crumbs from the sandwich were not conducive to zero-gravity conditions and were scattering everywhere!
(Loose crumbs drifting through the cabin could easily have lodged themselves inside critical instrument panels – and the result could have proven fatal.)
Needless to say, NASA harshly reprimanded Young and introduced strict protocols for future missions!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Not much, really!
That said, while you’re here, we’d like to tell you about a fantastic opportunity Janna French is working on. She's looking for an Account Executive in the Transportation industry in Edmonton!
POSITION: ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
INDUSTRY: TRANSPORTATION (TL + LTL) TERRITORY: EDMONTON RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Grow & develop existing share of wallet + current spend with new and existing clientele
· Procure lasting partnerships with clientele and act as a key ambassador of the company
· Educate and advise customers using a thorough knowledge of the domestic LTL/Intermodal marketspace including the vast competitive landscape, market challenges & trends
· Collaborate with Operations Team to launch, enhance & maximize both new & existing business models
· Collaborate with assigned SDR to ensure optimal prospecting and lead generation strategies / tactics
· 3+ years’ experience in an outside sales / territory position
· Extensive knowledge of the current transportation logistics industry including, LTL + Intermodal + TL
· Energetic and driven sales pro with impeccable time management and communication skill sets
· Previous account management experience
· Collaborative team player + self-motivated + ability to think "outside of the box" + sales "hunter" mindset
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
BASE SALARY: $75,000 – $85,000 ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $14,000 – $16,000 (uncapped)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $89,000 – $101,000 OTHER: car allowance + benefits + 3 weeks’ vacation
1: Email your resume to Janna French at; email@example.com.
2: Ensure the subject line reads; CORNED BEEF ON RYE – 23C23MTCHFBL 3: Based on the job description … tell Janna specifically … why you’re a fit for this role.