As students in the PhD program at Stanford University, with the help of government grants, Larry Page and Sergei Brin built an algorithm that would eventually serve as the backbone to Google’s search engine. Upon graduation, the government grants disappeared but the duo managed to generate a million dollars from angel investors.
(Now, a million dollars might seem like a lot of money, but a tech company can burn through that, quickly.) While the company had a promising product, they struggled to find ways to generate income. So, in 1999, Larry and Sergei approached Excite CEO, George Bell offering to sell Google for $1 million. George declined the offer. Even when they reduced their asking price to $750,000 – the answer was “no deal” from Excite. Shortly thereafter, Google’s founders received a $25 million dollar infusion and went on to retain private ownership of the company until 2004. After the IPO, Google stock had a market capitalization of $23 billion!
In the matter of five short years, Larry and Sergei went from ready to sell for $1 million – to billionaires, leading one of the world’s leading tech companies. What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role? Nothing really. That said, while we have your attention, our client is looking for a Contract Manager in Etobicoke. Match and Fable’s Paul Litschko is not looking for someone with a “coulda, shoulda, woulda” attitude but rather, an uber-organized individual who can own the role and deliver outstanding results! POSITION: CONTRACT MANAGER INDUSTRY: SECURITY / PROTECTIVE SERVICES OFFICE: ETOBICOKE, ONTARIO (HYBRID 3 X / WEEK IN OFFICE)
· Coordinate efforts, with Regional Leaders, across Canada on re-bid cycle for expiring contracts
· (Pro-active project management to ensure contracts do not go to rebid in the first place)
· Support utilization of enterprise level tools (Saleforce.com, Proposal Builder, Client Survey tools) used to raise visibility of upcoming contract expirations
· Coordinate rebid proposal development and interactions with Re-bid Proposal Development + Pricing Teams to ensure margins are maximized, during rebid
· Coordinate and participate in re-bid sales presentations
· Manage the Contract Management structure (Share Point Administrator) for the business – Canada-wide
· Collaborate with RGMs and President to report Wins/Losses/Accounts in Jeopardy + lead Bi-Weekly Retention Call with North American Leadership Team (Canada + USA)
· Drive renewal + pricing increase strategies with RGMs to meet retention + margin improvement efforts
· Ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in a related field + 2+ years’ experience
· Experience in the security industry – HIGHLY PREFERRED
· Expert with Microsoft Excel + PowerPoint + experience with Salesforce.com – preferred
· Outstanding verbal + written communication skills
· Ability to interact at all levels of the organization, including clientele
· Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines
· Project management experience – preferred
· Professional and articulate with sound independent judgment and discretion.
· Proven ability to maintain correspondence, discussions, and materials in strict confidence
SALARY: $70,000 – $80,000 OTHER: benefits + pension matching + car allowance WHAT NOW? If you’re qualified for this role … the ball is in your court.
1: Email your resume to Paul Litschko at; firstname.lastname@example.org.
2: Ensure the subject line reads; COULDA, SHOULDA, WOULDA – 15A23MTCHFBL
3: Based on the job description … explain how you are a fit for this role.