On November 24, 1971, a man dressed in a suit and tie approached the ticket counter of Northwest Orient Airlines in Portland, Oregon and purchased a one-way ticket to Seattle, Washington.
After take-off, he handed a stewardess a note stating he had a bomb and told her to sit down beside him.
He identified himself as Dan Cooper and opened his attaché, revealing a mass of wires and red sticks.
He ordered the stewardess to write down what he told her and deliver that note to the plane’s captain. The note demanded 4 parachutes and $200,000 in twenty-dollar denominations. ($200,000 USD in 1971 is equal to roughly $1.4 million, today). When the plane landed in Seattle, the money and parachutes were exchanged for 36 passengers. Cooper ordered several crew members to remain on board and the plane took off again – towards Mexico City. Shortly after 8:00pm, somewhere above Seattle and Reno, the hijacker strapped the parachute to his back, jumped out of the plane and disappeared into the night. The pilots landed safely, but Cooper’s exact fate remains a mystery, to this very day!
Many believe he couldn’t have survived the jump as his parachute could not be steered and he had jumped into a heavily wooded area, in the dark. Nevertheless, the incident remains one of the great unsolved mysteries in FBI history. What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role? Nothing at all!
Now that we have your attention, we’d like to direct you to Jeanne Agius’ latest role – a Mobile Application Developer in Montreal. The role offers 100% work from home! POSITION: MOBILE APPLICATION DEVELOPER (iOS) REPORTS TO: LEAD SOFTWARE ENGINEER
OFFICE: MONTREAL (100% WORK FROM HOME) INDUSTRY: COMPUTER AND ELECTRONICS MANUFACTURING
· Collaborate with engineers + product managers + marketing + UX team to develop functional, high-quality web applications
· Design + build next generation of the mobile iOS application
· Support entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support)
· Produce fully functional mobile applications – writing clean code
· Gather specific requirements and suggest solutions + write unit and UI tests to identify malfunctions
· Troubleshoot and debug to optimize performance
· Collaborate in designing interfaces to improve user experience
· Liaise with Product Development team to plan new features
· Ensure new + legacy applications meet quality standards
· Research and suggest new mobile products, applications and protocols
· Stay up to date with new technology trends
· Build on current architecture in a scalable way
· 2-4 years’ experience developing mobile iOS applications
· BSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering (or relevant field)
· Demonstrable portfolio of released applications on App Store or Android Market
· Proficient in at least one programming language like Swift, Objective-C (Xcode)
· Experience with Core Data, Core Location, Background Services, etc
· Knowledge of tools such as BitBucket, Firebase
· Experience working with Mapbox & Google Maps (a plus)
· Experience working with connected devices, Bluetooth, IoT & motor controllers (preferred)
· Deep understanding of frameworks & formats such as RESTful WebServices, JSON, etc (preferred)
DESIRED CANDIDATE PROFILE
· Excellent analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude
· Experience with mobile app design pattern, object-oriented programming, third-party libraries + APIs
· Desire to challenge the status-quo and develop new ideas or approaches that haven’t been considered
· Keen to learn and teach – leadership comes from all levels of the organization but they also always have blind spots they can improve on
· Willingness to try new approaches or accept ideas from other members on the team
· Fluency in English; written and spoken.
· Working hours based on the Montreal time zone (that’s Eastern time)!
SALARY: $75,000 – $90,000
OTHER: Flex PTO (2 weeks minimum vacation, + 1 week during winter holidays) + Private Health Insurance for employees and their families + Stock Options + Scooter for personal use during summer + Metro Pass reimbursement during winter + Health & Dental Insurance WHAT NOW? If you’re qualified for this role … don’t dilly-dally!
1: Send your resume to Jeanne Agius at; email@example.com.
2: Ensure the subject line reads; DB COOPER – 20A23MTCHFBL
3: Based on the job description, explain how you qualify for the role.