On February 14, 2007, German paraglider Ewa Wiśnierska was training for the World Championships in New South Wales, Australia. She ignored multiple weather warnings calling for violent thunderstorms.
Ewa strapped herself into her glider and set off as her team tracked her progress from their van, below. The first portion of her flight was calm and then, two thunderstorm clouds appeared – directly in her path.
Ewa frantically tried to avoid being caught in their updraft, but it didn’t work, and she was sucked into the ascending current – lifting her at a speed of 77 km/h!
Surrounded by darkness and howling winds, the temperature around her turned freezing cold.
Ewa eventually lost consciousness and was covered in ice, eventually reaching an altitude of 9,946 metres.
She lingered above the storm for 40 minutes in -45°C temperatures until the wing of her paraglider gave out from the weight of the ice – sending an unconscious Ewa into a horrifying free-fall towards earth.
Long story short, Ewa’s paraglider mysteriously jerked open – the abruptness of which woke her up!
3.5 hours after taking flight … and in rough shape, she somehow managed to steer and land her glider into a farmer’s field – 60 kilometers from where she had started.
Incredibly, save for some frost bite, Ewa emerged unscathed and was released from the hospital within a matter of hours!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Not much, really! That said, while you’re here, Jeanne Agius is looking for a Public Relations Account Manager responsible for ensuring the success of client programs by overseeing and managing a portfolio of accounts. The role offers the flexibility of ~80% work from home. For more details, contact, Jeanne. POSITION: PUBLIC RELATIONS ACCOUNT MANAGER REPORTS TO: VP, CLIENT SERVICES
OFFICE: BURLINGTON (~80% WORK FROM HOME)
· Lead and manage day-to-day client activities
· Lead and manage junior team members to ensure they are supporting, as necessary on the accounts (monitoring/reporting, developing media lists, pitching etc.)
· Develop + track program KPIs to ensure program success; recommend course correction, as appropriate
· Review reports and distribute to clients (weekly coverage reports, monthly reports, program wrap reports)
· Develop + track client program budgets to ensure work is within scope; forecast and flag concerns appropriately with internal and client teams
· Strategic planning
· Develop thoughtful, tailored plans for clients based on their objectives and key target demographics
· Participate in new business plans and pitching presentations, as needed
· Lead + participate in group brainstorm sessions for plan development
· Provide input into agency business (staffing, operations, account planning and upselling, new business opportunities)
· Keep a finger on the pulse of ever-changing industry trends to educate internal and client teams
· Write compelling award entries for applicable client programs
· Contribute to company culture as a mentor to team members; providing feedback for reviews and participating in the hiring process where appropriate
· Draft and edit media materials (press releases, fact sheets, briefing books)
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with key media
· Demonstrate a clear understanding of social media influencer programs and FTC regulations; developing budgets, contracts and deliverables for influencer programs
· Vet, advise and work with strategic third-party vendors for select client programs (collaborating with and managing freelancers, graphic designers, media production teams, photographers, etc.)
· Monitor + track time on accounts to ensure you are servicing adequately
· Support on agency social media – as required
· Represent agency and clients at trade shows and events
· 4 to 6 years of experience
· Comfortable providing strategic counsel to clients
· Experience managing team members
· Experience developing strategies, annual plans and budgets, and being responsible for the day-to-day success of client programs
· An understanding of digital and social marketing would be considered an asset for a successful candidate
SALARY: $60,000 – $75,000
OTHER: health benefits + hybrid WFH set-up + 3 weeks’ vacation + additional days around holidays & long weekends WHAT NOW? If you’re qualified for this role … the ball is in your court.
1: Email your resume to Jeanne Agius at; firstname.lastname@example.org.
2: Ensure the subject line reads; FLIRTING WITH DEATH – (11J22MTCHFBL)
3: Based on the job description, explain how you are qualified for this role.