The song “Help!” by the Beatles … was written by John Lennon in 1965.
It’s ranked 29th on Rolling Stone’s 500 Greatest Songs of All-Time.
In an interview with Playboy magazine … Lennon explained the inspiration behind the lyrics was fueled by the considerable stress he was experiencing, following the band’s meteoric rise to fame.
“I was fat and depressed, and I was crying out for help!” What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
That said, while we have your attention … we’d like to tell you about one of Mate Pavkovic’s newest roles – a Law Clerk (Tax) in Toronto.
POSITION: LAW CLERK (TAX) LOCATION: TORONTO INDUSTRY: LEGAL SERVICES
· Prepare corporate reorganization documents; including, agreements, resolutions, and all other necessary documentation to implement corporate reorganizations
· Assist with tax driven transactions including section 85 rollover agreements, section 51 and section 86 exchange agreements, and the preparation of closing agendas in respect of transactions and all necessary documentation
· Assist with general corporate matters, such as incorporation and organization of corporations under the Canada Business Corporations Act and the Ontario Business Corporations Act, all types of dividend resolutions, annual maintenance resolutions, share redemptions, share transfers, changes to directors and officers, general & limited partnership registrations, business name registrations + extra provincial registrations
· Prepare reporting letters and record books upon closing
· Process corporate documents utilizing Cyberbahn
· Update Minute Books and corporate database
· Assist with Business Number and Program Accounts registrations with CRA and provincial tax registrations
· 5+ years’ experience as a Corporate or Tax Law Clerk
· Successful completion of a related post-secondary Legal Assistant or Law Clerk program
· Membership in good standing with Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario
· Completion of the Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario Certification
· Handle time pressure situations and stress of multiple demands
· Ability to attend the office
· Flexibility to work outside regular business hours when required and/or necessary
· PLEASE NOTE: Client has a vaccination policy and can only offer this position to fully vaccinated individuals
SALARY RANGE: $85,000 – $120,000
OTHER: benefits + vacation + professional programs
INTERESTED? If so … there are 3 things we need from you;
1. Send your resume to Mate Pavkovic at email@example.com.
2. Ensure subject line of email reads; HELP – 1I22MTCHFBL
3. In a short email … tell Mate why you should be considered for this position.