Stig Severinsen (a Danish free diver) was born March 8, 1973.
In December 2020, he crushed the former world record, by swimming 202 meters – on a single breath of air!
Severinsen also holds the world record for holding his breath, under water – for an unbelievable 22 minutes!
To put that in perspective, the average, adult human has a lung capacity of 5 to 6 liters, allowing them to hold their breath for between 30 and 90 seconds.
Severinsen can reach a remarkable – 14 liters!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Not much, really!
That said, if you’re a top performing Director of Procurement with experience in Ocean Freight (based in Montreal or Toronto) … don’t hold your breath looking for a better organization to join! Reach out to Janna French – right away!
POSITION: SENIOR DIRECTOR, PROCUREMENT (OCEAN FREIGHT) REPORTS TO: VP, GLOBAL LOGISTICS INDUSTRY: LOGISTICS / TRANSPORTATION
LOCATION: MONTREAL OR TORONTO RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Oversee + facilitate the procurement process – from strategy development through execution
· Coordinate, monitor, and handle all negotiations with ocean freight carriers
· Collaborate with Management Group to establish strategy + direction for ocean freight product
· Maintain and develop new relationships with ocean shipping partners
· Establish fixed allocations by trade-lane with carriers + work on buying strategies based on overall volumes
· Establish contract rates for key, “Named Accounts”
· Provide yield and volume analysis + establish and monitor/KPI’s to score carrier performance
· Facilitate regular meetings with carriers to review performance and establish joint strategy to meet goals
· Participate in company's Global Procurement Team
· Identify key trade lanes where special attention and space is required
· Assist in setting allocation forecasts during low and peak seasons
· Participate in creation of business plan to achieve ocean freight targets
· Manage carrier contracts + agreements
· Manage quoting process + ensure target margin thresholds are maintained and exceeded and team meets agreed upon level of service to both internal and external clients
· Along with Ops Team, help establish Tier Pricing Grid to benefit from billing automations
· 7+ years Ocean (import/export) procurement experience + minimum 3 years’ supervisory experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Logistics (or related)
· Proven track record of relationships with carriers
· Superior communication, analytical and computer skill sets
· Outstanding team building and leadership abilities
· Metrics-driven with expertise in purchasing, supplier collaboration, development + compliance
· Strong experience in sourcing + procurement + building vendor programs
· Bilingualism (French/English) is an asset
BASE SALARY RANGE: $90,000 – $130,000 MBO (10%): $9,000 – $13,000
OTE: $99,000 – $143,000
OTHER: benefits + vacation QUALIFIED?
1: Email your resume to Janna French at; email@example.com.
2: Ensure the subject line reads; HOLD YOUR BREATH – 11H22MTCHFBL
3:Based on the job description … explain how you are a fit for this role.