Ever wonder how the term ‘to eat humble pie’ originated? Even if you haven’t, Match and Fable is about to drop a little knowledge on you! In the Middle Ages, the Lord of the Manor typically held a feast after a big hunt.
Naturally, as the head of the household, the Lord would receive the finest cut of meat, for his pie!
Attendees of significantly ‘lower standing’ could expect to receive a pie, as well. But certainly not the kind of they’d hoped for!
Their pies were filled with the intestines, heart and liver of an animal.
These ‘parts’ were referred to as – 'umbles.'
As such, receiving a serving of ‘umble pie’ was rather humiliating – as it indicated an individual’s inferior status.
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Nothing at all!
That said, while you’re here, we’d like to tell you about Sabrina Galli’s newest Technical Sales Rep (MRO) mandate. Our client’s software is taking their industry by storm!
Have you ever looked at a successful company and wished you’d been there in the early years?
Well, here's your chance!
Bottom line – if you have experience in MRO & Operations and are looking to launch your career in software sales – this is where you want to be!
POSITION: MRO ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (TECHNICAL SALES REP) TERRITORY: NORTH AMERICA INDUSTRY: SaaS / MRO LOCATION: WFH (TORONTO / HAMILTON / LONDON) RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Generate new sales + expand current client relationships – globally
· Prospect potential clientele via LinkedIn, Email, Cold Calling, Networking, etc …
· Develop + execute a sales cycle for prospective and existing clients
· Maintain CRM (Salesforce) system to ensure all team members can access current information
· Target ideal client profiles in Mining, Forestry and Manufacturing industries
· Proactively and regularly assess + determine existing client needs
· Coordinate with appropriate internal team members to collectively ensure performance objectives and account targets are achieved
· Achieve strategic client objectives defined by senior leadership team
· Research + collaborate on industry trends & insights to help co-ordinate sales strategy, through each stage of sales process
· Maintain high client satisfaction ratings that meet company goals and standards
· MUST HAVE: Experience (technical or sales) in: Maintenance, Repair and Operations (MRO) and/or Reliability Engineering and/or Master Data Management (MDM), Materials Management, etc.
· Self-motivated with a desire to grow in ‘SaaS’ sales
· Organization + collaboration + negotiation skills
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
· Ability to travel (up to 25% travel)
BASE SALARY: $85,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $35,000 (uncapped)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $120,000
OTHER: home office + benefits + career progression + deadly training
INTERESTED? Then there are 3 things we need from you;
1. Please send your resume to Sabrina at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Ensure the subject line of your email reads HUMBLE PIE – 27AK23MTCHFBL
3. In a short email, tell Sabrina why you might be right for this position.