One of seven children, Johnny Cash was born in Arkansas on February 26, 1932, and grew up on the family farm. The Cash family made a very modest living in the cotton fields – a job Johnny was introduced to at the young age of 5!
46 years later, and following significant financial success as a country singer, Johnny had built the “House of Cash” on a farm, 25 miles outside Nashville – where he kept exotic animals.
The winter of 1981 was exceptionally harsh and as such, Johnny decided to move his animals into shelters to help them survive.
Johnny approached his 7-foot ostrich – Waldo, but the big bird wasn’t in a co-operative mood.
As Johnny cornered Waldo, the ostrich leapt into the air and delivered a vicious kick – splitting Johnny’s stomach wide-open. The force of the impact resulted in 5 broken ribs and internal bleeding.
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Well, nothing, really.
That said, while this story may speak to curse or coincidence, if you happen to be a fit for Cathy LaPlaunt’s new role, this is your lucky day! Our client offers one of the most admired workplace cultures in the nation! They offer genuine career progression opportunities – and the environment is exceptionally collaborative. POSITION: NATIONAL ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE LOCATION: TORONTO (GTA) INDUSTRY: COURIER + SUPPLY CHAIN OFFICE: 90% WFH
· Dedicated focus, selling complex supply chain solutions into the e-tailer and Retailer vertical segment
· The role includes both growth and retention targets (Share of Wallet + New Logo acquisition)
· Forecast, track client account performance metrics, vertical and market specific research and understand industry trends to enable growth + cross functional internal collaboration to support client requirements
· Negotiate complex contracts and strategic multi-year renewals for client base
· Facilitate sales process involving appropriate internal resources to ensure client satisfaction
· Maintain and update CRM + lead and orchestrate Quotes + Bids + RFIs + RFPs
· Required: ~7+ years of progressive, client facing sales experience in transportation
· Experience in courier industry – highly preferred
· A ‘Solution Selling’ based background – selling into V-Suite and C-Suite decision-makers
· Current experience, selling multi-million / multi-year deals
· Strong financial acumen
BASE SALARY: $90,000 – $110,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $32,000 (at 100% of plan + ability to overachieve) ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $129,000 – $149,000
OTHER: RRSP + benefits + car allowance + WFH WHAT NOW?
1. Email your resume to Cathy LaPlaunt; email@example.com.
2. Ensure the subject line reads; JOHNNY -VS-WALDO – 24C23MTCHFBL
3. Based on the job description, please highlight your experience in transportation (hopefully, courier) sales.