Before ships began to be powered by steam or fuel – almost every one of them was equipped solely with sails.
Attached to the sails were ropes. The skilled manipulation of these ropes directly affected the shape of the sail and as such, allowed the vessel to maneuver through the water.
New recruits had to learn how to tie special knots and carefully control the ropes to move the sails and capture wind most effectively. This series of lessons was referred to as – “learning the ropes”. What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Well, nothing really.
That said, Mate Pavkovic is NOT looking for someone who is simply ‘learning the ropes’ but rather, a skilled and experienced Estate Planning Lawyer in Vancouver. SUMMARY: Our client is one of Western Canada’s largest full-service law firms. With more than 40 years in business, their success continues to be fueled by the talent, ambition and expertise of their clever team. POSITION: ESTATE PLANNING LAWYER INDUSTRY: LEGAL
LOCATION: VANCOUVER, BC RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Conduct initial consultations with clients
· Identify appropriate strategies to meet client’s expressed objectives and make recommendations to fulfill same including advising on appropriate type of trusts to meet objectives
· Draft estate planning documents, including wills, distinct types of trusts, ancillary documents, etc.
· Primary areas include estate and tax planning, including estate planning for mid to high-net-worth individuals and families, income tax, transfer tax and charitable planning, as well as pass-through entity and business succession planning
· Cultivate new business + have an existing book
· 10+ years post call to the bar experience
· A portable book of business
· Established experience in the areas of estate planning and estate administration
$175,000 ++ OTHER: competitive bonus structure + comprehensive benefits +generous vacation + on-site fitness + remote work arrangements
INTERESTED & QUALIFIED?
1: Email your resume to Mate Pavkovic at; email@example.com.
2: Ensure the subject line reads; LEARNING THE ROPES – 21C23MTCHFBL. 3: Based on the job description, tell Mate specifically, howyou’re a fit for this role.