Bonnie Elizabeth Parker and Clyde Chestnut Barrow – better known as the infamous duo, 'Bonnie & Clyde' are perhaps, the most romanticized criminals in American history.
The two met in Texas in 1930 and soon became infamous for their bank robberies – although the truth is, they robbed far more ‘mom and pop’ gas stations than they did banks!
Over the next 4 years, they murdered at least 9 police officers and 4 civilians, before meeting their own demise on May 23, 1934, in a police ambush on a quiet road in Louisiana.
Interestingly, in 1932, while serving a 14-year sentence at Eastham Prison Farm, in Texas, Clyde decided he could no longer endure the bitter working conditions. Hoping for a transfer to a ‘softer’ facility, Clyde took an axe and chopped off the big toe on his left foot.
In retrospect, it wasn’t one of his best decisions, as he was released on parole – a mere six days later!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role? Nothing, really. That said, while you’re here, we’d like to tell you about Paul Litschko’s newest Operations Manager role – and it’s a great one! POSITION: OPERATIONS MANAGER LOCATION: HAMILTON INDUSTRY: STEEL FABRICATING SUMMARY:
Our client is a leader in Steel & Metals distribution and they’re looking for an Operations Manager in Hamilton.
The position will lead a team of 5 and be instrumental in laying the groundwork for the organization’s exciting growth plans – over the next few years. The right candidate has a roll-up your sleeves attitude – and isn’t an ‘arm-chair quarterback’!
· Maintain safe & healthy work environment by establishing standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations
· Oversee production activities and enforce productivity, quality, and customer-service standards
· Accomplish warehouse Human Resource objectives by recruiting, training, scheduling, coaching, and disciplining employees
· Communicate job expectations; plan, monitor, appraise, and review job contributions
· Plan and review compensation actions
· Develop system improvements by analyzing processes and implementing changes
· Ensure regular maintenance of facility, machinery, and equipment
· Analyze logistic requirements and challenges and devise suitable solutions
· Purchase consumables and review invoices
· 5+ years’ warehouse operations management experience (ideally in a distribution environment)
· 5+ years' experience in a fast-paced, large volume, high-intensity environment, with a focus on meeting KPIs
· 3+ years’ experience implementing continuous improvement programs
· Strong interpersonal skills with understanding of diverse backgrounds and an emphasis on communication
· Ability to embrace change as an ongoing theme in the plant – and open to continuous learning
· Solution oriented mentality with demonstrated problem solving abilities
· Highly organized in order to excel at this position with a hands-on approach to managing operations and supervising staff
SALARY: $90,000 – $110,000
OTHER: benefits + EAP + rrsp program
INTERESTED? There are 3 things Match and Fable needs from you;
1. Please send your resume to Paul Litschko at email@example.com.
2. Ensure subject of your email reads; LEFT FOOT, BIG TOE – 27A23MTCHFBL
3. In a short email … please tell Paul how your experience fits the role we’ve outlined above.