In 1980, 18-year-old high school sports star, Willie Ramirez arrived at a South Florida hospital – in a coma.
His Cuban friends and family did not speak English.
Struggling to communicate with the medical staff, a family member used the word ‘intoxicado’.
In Spanish, the word means someone has ingested something – it could be a drug or a bad hamburger!
The ER doctor assumed it meant ‘intoxicated’ and immediately diagnosed Ramirez with a drug overdose.
Even though several ‘tox screens’ came back clean, the medical staff never questioned the doctor’s assessment. 36 hours later, someone finally figured out Willie was suffering from a blood clot in his brain.
But it was too late – Ramirez had suffered irreparable damage!
Regrettably, a year later, he left the hospital – a quadriplegic. He was eventually awarded $71 million in a medical malpractice suit. For the record, having employed a translator on staff would have cost the hospital about $40,000 / year.
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Nothing at all.
That said, while you’re here, Janna French is looking for an Inventory Control Manager in the GTA.
POSITION: INVENTORY CONTROL MANAGER INDUSTRY: 3PL / LOGISTICS LOCATION: TORONTO
The Regional Inventory Control Manager coordinates and manages all inventory control functions for the company. The right candidate will provide input and support to other facilities, engaged in the inventory control process.
· 7+ years working in Inventory within a Distribution environment
· Experience managing with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), preferably Manhattan
· Strong analytical + mathematical + data analysis
· Exceptional technical competence within a proven capacity to become a SME
· Experience with Lean, Continuous Improvement & Six Sigma
· Significant experience in Inventory & Quality Assurance Management
· Highly proficient in MS Office Suite, (specifically, Excel, Visio, PP & Word)
· Able to drive process improvement initiatives
· Self-driven with strong ability to work with minimal supervision
· Able to travel (up to 25%)
SALARY: $100,000 – $110,000 BONUS POTENTIAL (5%): $5,000 – $5,500
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $105,000 – $115,500
OTHER: benefits + rrsp WHAT NOW? If you’re qualified for this role, the ball is in your court.
1: Email your resume to Janna French at; email@example.com.
2: Ensure the subject line reads; LOST IN TRANSLATION (18J22MTCHFBL)
3: Based on the job description … explain how you are a fit for this role.