The year was 1984 and I was in 7th grade.
On my way to Walt’s Variety on Concession Street, I heard a magical sound that would shape my musical taste – forever!
A rapper named LL Cool J had just released his newest album titled, ‘Radio’ and ‘Rock the Bells’ was rockin’ my world!
Over the next few months, I boxed up my childhood toys and immersed myself in all things Hip-Hop.
My mother bought me a navy K-Way suit and a book called,‘Breakdancing’ – where “Mr. Fresh and The Supreme Rockers show you how to do it!”
And I desperately wanted to know ‘how to do it’!
3 months later, after hours upon hours of religiously practicing the moves from my book, I auditioned to join a local Breakdance Crew – The Street Rockers – and made the cut!
Agonizing over the options, I finally chose my ‘B-Boy’ name – Marky Fresh.
I spent every free moment I had honing my specialty – ‘lockin’ ‘n’ poppin’!
My signature move – The King Tut!
While my parents scratched their heads, wondering what had happened to their little boy, ‘Marky Fresh’ relished in his newfound passion and the camaraderie The Street Rockers provided.
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
That said, just as ‘Marky Fresh’ perfected his signature move to make 'him' invaluable to the Street Rockers, my client is looking for a Sr. Director of Human Resources to bring their invaluable knowledge to their organization – in Vancouver.
Reporting to the RVP, this position leads a team of 3 managers – cascading to a total team of 10. The role requires a well-rounded Human Resources professional with a particular ‘knack’ for Labour Relations + Training and Performance Management + Health Safety & Wellness. POSITION: SENIOR DIRECTOR, HUMAN RESOURCES INDUSTRY: SECURITY / PROTECTIVE SERVICES OFFICE: VANCOUVER, BC
· Lead role in negotiating union contracts + managing employee/union grievances – (at 2nd level)
· Advise management on establishment, continuation, and termination of bargaining rights
· Collective bargaining preparation + devise short/long term / strategies
· Advise on arbitration + risk assessments + participate in arbitration proceedings
· Interpret + administer collective agreements + hiring and termination, based on T’s & C’s
· Develop policies to promote respectful workplace (employee rights, diversity, and ethical conduct)
· Direct organizational response to complaints or appeals on issues such as Human Rights violations
· Build constructive and supportive relationships while effectively handling disagreements and conflicts
· Aid in development of goals / strategies with a focus on human capital
· Set clear objectives for HR activities; to meet requirements, obligations, policies + procedures
· Develop and monitor a recruitment strategy to ensure adequate staffing needs are met
· Recruitment of sufficient personnel (pre-hire requirements, screening, selection, hiring, and orientation
TRAINING AND PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
· Provide development information to support management to achieve performance improvement including, training, coaching, feedback and techniques for setting learning objectives
· Assist and coach managers to help employees achieve required performance levels
· Develop performance management program + monitor success of feedback via performance appraisals
WORKPLACE HEALTH, SAFETY & WELLNESS
· Implement + evaluate practices in, Health, Safety, Wellness, Security, and Workers’ Compensation
· Analyze risk to the Health and Safety of employees and determine preventative measures, including training, provision of required safety equipment, and administrative practices
· Degree in Labour Relations, Human Resources, or business, or social sciences
· 8+ years’ progressive management experience
· Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP)
· Experience in a government regulated environment
· Eligible to apply (and qualify) for Federal Secret Security Clearance
· Sound business judgment and acumen coupled with dispute resolution and negotiation skills
· As senior management, must possess high-level interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills
SALARY: $140,000 – $150,000 BONUS (MBO): $28,000 – $30,000 OTHER: benefits + rrsp + car allowance ($7,000) WHAT NOW? If you’re qualified for this role … the ball is in your court.
1: Email your resume to Mark Krpan at; email@example.com.
2: Ensure the subject line reads; MARKY FRESH – 6B23MTCHFBL
3: Based on the job description … explain how you are a fit for this role.