In 1962, a handful of workers in the dress making department of a textile mill in North Carolina took ill.
They claimed to be experiencing numbness, dizziness, and nausea.
News spread like wildfire that a bug in the factory was biting employees – causing a mysterious illness!
Over the next few days, more employees started to experience the exact same symptoms!
In total, 62 people were affected and a few of them required hospitalization.
Of the 62 employees, 59 worked on the first shift, 58 worked in the same area, and 50 of the cases occurred in the two days after the media had sensationalized the event.
Company physicians and representatives from the US Public Health Service Communicable Disease Center visited the mill and following their investigation, concluded the episode had been a case of mass hysteria!
While researchers believed some workers had in fact, been bitten by a June Bug, the anxiety associated to the event was the cause of the symptoms.
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role? Nothing at all!
Now that we have your attention, we’d like to direct you to Jeanne Agius’ latest role – a Consumer Account Manager in the GTA. The role offers the flexibility of ~75% work from home! POSITION: CONSUMER ACCOUNT MANAGER
OFFICE: DOWNTOWN TORONTO (~75% WORK FROM HOME) INDUSTRY: PUBLIC RELATIONS & COMMUNICATIONS
· Manage day-to-day client communications + serve as an effective account lead across multiple accounts, with limited senior support
· Maintain a strong understanding of the evolving 360 media landscape + actively foster relationships with relevant media and influencers
· Oversee all media & influencer relations with the ability to pitch effectively and deliver exceptional program results
· Develop creative program ideas and manage events with intricate precision + attention to detail
· Manage + reconcile large program budgets effectively, ensuring accurate billing of time and hard costs
· Possess strong written + verbal communication skills; strong technical and creative writing skills are a must
· Mentor + provide clear direction/support to junior team members, to foster positive team growth
· Participate in new business pitches
· Postgraduate degree in Public Relations, Marketing Communications, Journalism, Business or similar background
· 3-5 years of directly related experience; an agency background is a must
· Experience working with lifestyle and corporate accounts/clients
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong technical and creative writing skills are a must
· Strong media relations skills + relationships, and track record of successfully delivering measurable results
· Excellent organizational skills necessary to manage multiple projects within established deadlines
SALARY: $75,000 – $85,000
OTHER: benefits + hybrid WFH set-up + vacation + cell allowance (+ you get your birthday off work!) WHAT NOW? If you’re qualified for this role, the ball is in your court.
1: Email your resume to Jeanne Agius at; firstname.lastname@example.org.
2: Ensure the subject line reads; MASS HYSTERIA – (2J22MTCHFBL)
3: Based on the job description, explain how you are qualified for this role.