In the 1940s, Swiss engineer, George de Mestral took his dog for a stroll in the woods. Little did he know the significance of this stroll! As the pair ventured through the forest, they collected unwanted hitchhikers – pesky burrs that clung to their clothes and fur.
Instead of being frustrated, George's curiosity was piqued.
He placed a burr under a microscope and discovered something extraordinary – tiny hooks that helped the burrs latch to surfaces.
Inspired by Mother Nature's clever design, George had a brilliant idea. Why not create a fastening system mimicking these natural hooks and loops? George tested different materials until he found the perfect match – nylon! It was strong, durable, and made the hooks and loops cling together like best buddies at a party!
In 1955, George patented his invention, giving it a fun name: Velcro! The name was a combination of the French words "velours" (velvet) and "crochet" (hook)!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role? Nothing really. That said, while you’re here, Melisa Jones is working on a fantastic role with a great new client, looking for a Sales Support / Administrative Assistant in Guelph. POSITION: SALES SUPPORT / ADMIN ASSISTANT OFFICE: GUELPH, ONTARIO INDUSTRY: METAL – RECYCLING - INDUSTRIAL
· Ensure client data is entered – both timely and accurately.
· Create, issue, and follow up directly on client invoices.
· Manage account contracts to ensure correct pricing and contract fulfillment.
· Field client inquiries and ad hoc requests.
· Work with new clients and vendors to accurately onboard them into the system.
· Create necessary reports for management, trading and accounting.
· Interact with all departments to assist the Trading, Operations, and Accounting teams.
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
· 1-2 years’ customer service or Accounts Payable / Accounts Receivable experienced – an asset.
· Strong communication skills (both written and spoken).
· Comfortable with routinely shifting focus based on the demands of the business.
· Flexible with the ability to multitask.
· A high degree of attention to detail and efficient typing skills.
· Data entry experience, computer literate and comfortable using systems such as MS Office, Mayer and QuickBooks.
· Highly professional, polite, and polished – with a positive attitude.
· Working knowledge of general office equipment.
SALARY: $45,000 – $57,000 OTHER: benefits + discretionary bonus + vacation WHAT NOW? If you’re qualified for this role … here's what's next.
1: Email your resume to Melisa Jones at; email@example.com.
2: Ensure the subject line reads; VELVET CROCHET – MTCHFBL19E23
3: Based on the job description … explain how you are a great fit for this role.