Afraid of spiders? That’s called, arachnophobia.
Afraid of heights? That’s called, acrophobia. An irrational fear of numbers? That’s called numerophobia.
Now, we’re all quite familiar with the superstitions surrounding numbers.
The number 13 is widely considered to be unlucky – so much so, that many architects skip the 13th floor when designing their buildings.
The number 666 is believed to be the sign of the devil!
And many people prescribe to the belief; bad things happen in 3’s.
For example, lighting three cigarettes with a single match will lead to death!
But numerophobia is a whole new level!
Individuals stricken with this affliction fear all kinds of numbers – especially complex math equations!
So, what does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
That said, if you’re a numerophobe, this role is definitely not up your alley. But while you’re here, we thought you might want to know that Mate Pavkovic’s client is looking for a Managing Bookkeeper for their Law Practice in Toronto.
SUMMARY: The Managing Bookkeeper will support the law firm’s accounting staff, helping resolve challenges and ensuring all accounting procedures are followed. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of accounting experience in the legal industry, with a minimum of 2 years in a supervisory role.
The Managing Bookkeeper will maintain accurate financial books including journal entries, processes + balancing. POSITION: MANAGING BOOKKEEPER INDUSTRY: LEGAL OFFICE: TORONTO (WITH HYBRID WFH)
· Oversee + support accounting staff, resolving any issues + ensuring accounting procedures are followed
· Ensure trust and general bank reconciliations are up to date; following up on any variances and ensuring they are resolved
· Responsible for month-end close – journal entries, processes, and balancing
· Process wire transfers and records payments
· Update + generate reports (daily statistics, monthly + annual reports, audit query support)
· 5+ years of accounting experience in legal industry, with a minimum of 2 years in a supervisory role
· Completion of recognized accounting degree/designation program
· Experience in A/P, A/R, Reconciliations, Billing, Trust and General Accounting and Bank Deposits
· Solid knowledge of bookkeeping + accounting principles, trust, laws + regulations, and reporting requirements
· Fluency in QuickBooks
· Experience using 3E or Aderant is a plus.
· High degree of accuracy, extremely detail oriented and ability to multitask
· Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills
· Organizational and time management skills are essential; excellent at managing multiple priorities with frequent interruptions
SALARY: $80,000 – $100,000
OTHER: benefits + vacation + hybrid WFH flexibility WHAT NOW? If you’re qualified for this role … the ball is in your court.
1: Email your resume to Mate Pavkovic at; email@example.com.
2: Ensure the subject line reads; NUMEROPHOBIA – (21I22MTCHFBL)
3: Based on the job description … explain how you are a fit for this role.