A Pit Boss is the person who oversees employees working in a casino pit.
Their job is to manage and monitor all floormen, dealers and players within their pit.
While ‘Floormen’ generally handle minor issues, the serious discrepancies fall to the Pit Boss to straighten out.
In the end, it’s up to the Pit Boss to make sure things run smoothly and the metrics are where they need to be!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s role? Well, nothing really.
That said, while you’re here, Janna French’s client is looking for a Pit Boss (of sorts) but this one’s called a General Manager. The candidate must have the leadership experience to run a bustling Distribution Center in Toronto, Ontario.
POSITION: GENERAL MANAGER INDUSTRY: 3PL / LOGISTICS LOCATION: TORONTO, ONTARIO
· Manage all aspects of the Distribution Center including, facilities + employee staffing + employee reviews
· Responsible for all financial information including weekly flash reports, budgeting + P&L statements
· Manage a warehouse of approximately 100,000 – 200,000 sq. ft. – containing hazardous materials
· Ensure accounts receive full, requested productivity + quality levels
· 10+ years overall experience – at a leadership level
· Experience managing a 100,000+ sq. ft. hazardous materials warehouse / DC with revenues of $1MM+ – comprised of multiple clients
· Experience managing distribution, storage + handling of hazardous materials per WHMIS & ISO regulations
· Skilled in risk assessment & analysis of potential hazards
· Proficient in T-Logic or similar warehouse operating system + MS Office Suite
· Experience with (Maves, Manhattan, Red Prairie, Foresite) Warehouse Management Systems (preferred)
· MUST HAVE: Kronos + labour management experience
· Working knowledge of warehouse + mechanical equipment
· Working knowledge of OHSA, DOT, WHMIS, RDC, IWLA, regulations / standards and willingness to become certified in one or more of these areas, as deemed necessary
· Excellent supervisory + customer service + mathematical & analytical skill sets
· Dangerous Goods certification (IATA)
· NFPA training + membership to understand fire codes for proper storage
· Transportation of Dangerous Good Certification + understanding of Dangerous Goods segregation table
· Ability to be “on-call” at all times for alarm system or problems – during off work hours
· Ability to work irregular or extended hours, when necessary
SALARY: $135,000 – $150,000 MBO: 15%
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $155,250 – $172,500
OTHER: benefits + rrsp WHAT NOW? If you’re qualified for this role, the ball is in your court.
1: Email your resume to Janna French at; firstname.lastname@example.org.
2: Ensure subject line reads; THE PIT BOSS (14J22MTCHFBL)
3: Based on the job description … explain how you are a fit for this role.