With October in full swing … it’s that time of year again – isn’t it?
Wherever we turn, we’re reminded of what has quickly become … the ‘flavour of the season’.
And, while this craze may have started with lattes, over the past few years, it has spread like wild fire to include; biscotti, yogurt, granola and even popcorn spice – to name only a few.
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Not much, really.
That said, we figured the title would get your attention … and that’s what we’re in the business of doing – right?
So, while you’re here, we’d like to tell you about Paul Litschko’s latest mandate – a Director of Warehouse for his client, in Vaughan! SUMMARY: The Director of Warehouse is responsible for the company’s main warehouse – located in Vaughan. Our client is looking for someone with solid warehouse fundamentals … who is both hands-on as well as strategic, with the ability to achieve seamless day-to-day operations, lead a team to consistently meet KPIs and positive performance and put the right processes in place to support growth!
POSITION: DIRECTOR OF WAREHOUSE LOCATION: VAUGHAN, ONTARIO RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Manage day-to-day operations of a 14,000 sq. ft. warehouse with a high volume of products moving in and out + stored – on a daily basis
· Lead + motivate team of shippers, receivers, order pickers and packers to meet KPI’s
· Ensure each department of warehouse works with accuracy + efficiency to ensure productivity and accuracy levels are achieved
· Develop strategic plans with a sense of urgency, and execute to support high growth … ensuring there is sufficient labour, the right processes and equipment for smooth operations
· Review + implement KPI’s to increase efficient operations, appropriate cost controls, significant reduction in error rates and hiring of the right people, at the right time
· Develop relationships with cross-functional teams, always having an eye for impact to the company
· Responsible for maintaining a healthy and safe warehouse
· 10+ years’ experience in a ‘hands-on’ senior warehouse / distribution leadership role
· Experience managing a complex, high-volume warehouse / distribution center
· High growth environment – a plus
· Strong business acumen and solid warehousing and supply chain background
· Able to clearly communicate with cross-functional teams and senior leaders
· Experience using an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system + MS Excel
· Demonstrated ability managing multiple priorities – simultaneously
· Able to hire the right people + lead and coach a team towards meeting KPIs successfully
· Committed to building and promoting a positive and engaging culture
· Proficient at identifying gaps + problems and proactively planning and implementing improvements
· Strong understanding + experience operating various warehouse equipment (forklift certified, is a plus) + able to lift up to 75lbs and stand + walk for long periods at a time
· Advanced computer skills with direct experience using a warehouse management system
· Experience managing the health and safety of the warehouse
SALARY: $100,000 – $120,000 OTHER: comprehensive benefits (100% employer-paid premiums) INTERESTED?
There are 3 things we’ll need from you;
1. Please send your resume to Paul Litschko at; firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Ensure the subject line of your email reads PUMPKIN SPICE – 16J22MTCHFBL
3. In a short email … tell Paul how your experience fits this position.