On October 30, 1974, in Kinshasa, Zaire, 60,000 spectators gathered to watch George Foreman (the undefeated world heavyweight champion) and Muhammad Ali (the former champion) square off against one another, in what is widely considered the greatest sporting event of the 20th century.
The historic boxing event, dubbed “The Rumble in the Jungle” had Ali pegged as a 4-1 underdog.
Facing a physically superior competitor, Ali recognized he had little chance of victory trying to trade blows with Foreman. As such, he concocted a plan, and as Round 2 commenced, Ali put the never before seen “Rope-a-Dope” plan into action.
Leaning back on the ropes and covering his head, Ali allowed Foreman to punch at his arms and body.
After weathering a storm of punches, Ali would deliver a flurry of strategic shots – once George had grown tired.
Foreman didn’t realize the amount of energy he was expending while landing largely ineffective strikes.
And, as the 8th round wound down, Ali delivered a flurry of punches to an energy-depleted Foreman – sending the exhausted champion to the canvas!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Not much, really.
That said, Sabrina Galli isn’t looking for a prized pugilist! She’s looking for a strategic, senior sales professional to execute a national sales strategy.
POSITION: DIRECTOR OF SALES (CANADA) (contributor)
REPORTING: VP, CANADA
INDUSTRY: INDUSTRIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Champion the organization’s sales efforts – across Canada
· Engage with current + existing clients in-person to develop and grow market share across all segments
· Work with USA based segment leaders to execute on the Canadian sales plan for Canada
· Utilize company’s core values + sales strategies while collaborating with internal team to maximize success
· Support + develop company’s dealer partner network sales personnel with the goal of developing an extension of sales efforts across all customer segments, nationally via joint sales efforts, sales programs and regular communication and direction of focus
· Report on all aspects of Canadian business from a sales perspective with a focus on results and future opportunities to drive continued improvement and results aligned to the growth strategy
· Represent and promote the company at industry events – across Canada
· Utilize CRM + web-based tools for communication and organization of sales efforts
· 5+ years’ B2B sales experience with a proven track record of success.
· Experience growing, developing, and executing sales strategy with existing + new customers and markets.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively work with diverse customer base.
· Disciplined and strong ability to work in an independent environment.
· Strong use of salesforce.com and proficient with MS Suite
· Open to 40%+ overnight travel (when required) to execute on business objectives
· Refuse, rental industry, or transportation industry experience – nice to have
· Experience selling into municipalities – also a nice to have
· Bilingual would a MASSIVE plus … but NOT a must have
BASE SALARY: $125,000 – $135,000 ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $50,000 (+ a stretch bonus)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $175,000 – $185,000+ OTHER: benefits + rrsp + car allowance + gas card
INTERESTED & QUALIFIED?
1: Email your resume to Sabrina Galli at; email@example.com.
2: Ensure subject line reads; RUMBLE IN THE JUNGLE – 19I22MTCHFBL. 3: Based on the job description … tell Sabrina specifically … why you’re a fit for this role.