You’ve probably never heard the name, Antonio Santi Meucci. Born in 1808 in present day Florence, Italy, Meucci was an inventor, who is believed to have invented the first telephone – in 1860. He called it the “teletrofono”. While Meucci did file a temporary patent on his ground breaking invention, he allowed that patent to expire, in December 1874. About two years later, a gentleman named Alexander Graham Bell obtained the necessary patents and is now officially recognized as the inventor of the telephone. What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Not much, really! That said, while you’re here, our client a prominent Canadian business law firm providing strategic legal and business advice in all areas of business law. They are located in the heart of Toronto’s financial district, and they’re looking for a Legal Assistant (Corporate Tax).
POSITION: LEGAL ASSISTANT (CORPORATE TAX) LOCATION: TORONTO INDUSTRY: LEGAL SERVICES
· Prepare, revise, format and complete large tax agreements, memos, letters and opinions
· Prepare engagement letters and input dockets
· Manage a high volume of email filing and travel arrangements
· Handle daily administrative details + manage duties related to accounting
· 3+ years’ experience in a legal assistant role, an asset
· Successful completion of a related post-secondary Legal Assistant or Law Clerk program
· Can handle ‘time-pressure’ situations and the stress of multiple demands
· Microsoft 365 suite of applications
· Some knowledge of a corporate database is considered an asset
· PLEASE NOTE: the firm has a vaccination policy and can only entertain fully vaccinated applicants
REMUNERATION BASE SALARY RANGE: $50,000 – $75,000 OTHER: benefits + vacation + professional programs
INTERESTED? If so … there are 3 things we need from you;
1. Send your resume to Mate Pavkovic at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Ensure subject line of email reads; TELETROFONO – 27G22MTCHFBL
3. In a short email … tell Mark why you should be considered for this position.