The Ghost Pepper has two primary uses in Northern India.
Naturally, it’s used as a spice for cooking – but you may find its lesser-known use far more fascinating.
While most of the world doesn’t need to protect itself from wild elephants – the folks in Northern India aren’t quite as fortunate!
To defend themselves from these massive creatures that stand nearly 10 feet tall and weigh as much as 8 tonnes, locals routinely smear ghost pepper ‘sauce’ on their fences – to keep them at bay.
And, while the Ghost Pepper is the most famous of the painfully hot peppers, it’s no longer considered the hottest pepper in the world – that honour goes to the Carolina Reaper!
While the ghost pepper is rated at 1,041,427 Scoville Heat Units, the ‘new kid in town’ is graded at twice that amount!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Well … nothing really.
That said, Mate Pavkovic’s client is looking for a Law Clerk / Legal Admin to bring some real ‘heat’ to their position. SUMMARY: In this position, the Law Clerk / Legal Admin will provide support to the Corporate Counsel and EVP Administration with respect to matters relating to franchising, store service contracts, corporate filings/annual returns, Personal Property Security Act (“PPSA”) registrations and corporate and security searches.
The ideal candidate can work independently, is resourceful and has excellent communication skills.
Given the requirements of the position, the Law Clerk / Legal Admin will maintain up-to-date records re: franchise expiry dates; lease expiry dates; franchise renewal options; franchise expiry deposits; and dates of franchise transfers/resales, renewals, and terminations.
POSITION: LAW CLERK / LEGAL ADMIN
LOCATION: AURORA, ONTARIO
INDUSTRY: MASS RETAIL RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Carriage of Commercial Real Estate files – from cradle to grave
· Prepare franchise disclosure documents + execution copies of franchise agreements + related documents
· Prepare various logs and lists of franchise information
· Prepare lease summaries, for review by Corporate Counsel, to be used as part of the preparation of franchise disclosure documents
· Make PPSA filings in provinces across Canada, as required, and prepare a reporting memorandum to EVP Administration + Corporate Counsel summarizing registrations made. Send copies of verification statements for filings made to franchisee debtors
· Prepare purchase orders and cheque requests
· Prepare correspondence to franchisees, including correspondence requesting updated financial and other information prior to renewal, default letters, offers to repurchase, relocation letters etc.
· Prepare franchise asset repurchase documents, order due diligence searches and work with Corporate Counsel on closings of franchise asset repurchase transactions
· Assist with research on various by-law and other local issues
· Assist, in the absence of the insurance coordinator, in reporting insurance incidents to insurance broker; follow up with broker and insurance adjusters to provide information to expedite the resolution of claims; maintain insurance incident and claim logs; advise broker of locations to add / remove from coverage
· 3+ years’ experience in a Law Clerk role – ideally with exposure to franchising
· Competent in PPSA online registration/ discharge process + other on-line corporate and security searches
· Proficient in Microsoft Suite of software
· Solid command of the English (both written and verbal)
· Professional demeanor with strong interpersonal skills + a wicked attention to detail
BASE SALARY: $75,000 – $80,000
OTHER: 32-hour flexible work week + possible WFH arrangements
NOTE: The company has a vaccination policy and can only offer this position to fully vaccinated individuals
INTERESTED & QUALIFIED?
1: Email your resume to Mate Pavkovic at; email@example.com.
2: Ensure the subject line reads; THAT’S HOT – 14GI22MTCHFBL. 3: Based on the job description, tell Mate specifically, why you’re a fit for this role.