The ‘Dingo Baby’ Case took place in Australia in 1980 involving the disappearance of nine-week-old, Azaria Chamberlain from a campsite near Uluru. Azaria's mother, Lindy Chamberlain-Creighton, claimed a dingo had snatched her baby, but doubts quickly arose, leading to a controversial legal process.
Lindy was initially charged with murder, accused of fabricating the dingo story. The case garnered media attention and divided public opinion. Forensic evidence was presented to support the prosecution's theory, but all the while Lindy fiercely maintained her innocence. In 1982, she was convicted of murder, while her husband was found guilty of being an accessory.
The case underwent appeals, and in 1986, new evidence emerged when Azaria's jacket was found in a dingo den near Uluru. This supported Lindy's claim, leading to her release in 1988 – after having spent more than three years in prison!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
That said, while you’re here, Mate Pavkovic’s newest legal client is a rapidly growing organization founded by a team of passionate lawyers committed to delivering outstanding legal services.
They are currently seeking an experienced Commercial Litigation Paralegal or Legal Assistant.
POSITION: COMMERCIAL LITIGATION PARALEGAL / ASSISTANT LOCATION: EDMONTON, ALBERTA INDUSTRY: LEGAL SERVICES
· Manage a high volume of files including physical filing, diary dates, limitation dates, and preparation of reporting documentation.
· Secure searches with PPR, Corporate, and Land Titles Offices.
· Input time entries and preparation and distribution of monthly account statements to clients.
· Assist with drafting of legal documents such as Statements of Defense, Affidavits, and Statements of Claim.
· Monitor progression of instructions and requests to lawyers.
· Producing AORs.
· Facilitate filing/service of documents on opposing parties with process servers and court offices.
· Successful completion of Legal Assistant / Paralegal Program
· Exceptional client servicing skills
· Working knowledge of IPro Cloud Discovery
· Strong organizational skills and extraordinary attention to detail
· Robust knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and document management software
REMUNERATION SALARY RANGE: $75,000 – $90,000 OTHER: benefits + life insurance + on-site gym + parking subsidy + RRSPs + vacation
INTERESTED? If so … there are 3 things we need from you;
1. Send your resume to Mate Pavkovic at email@example.com.
2. Ensure subject line of email reads; DINGO BABY – 23E23MTCHFBL
3. In a short email … tell Mate how you’re a fit for this position.