Hugh John Lofting was born in Maidenhead, UK on January 14, 1886.
And, while he studied to be a Civil Engineer, he is famous for creating the classic children’s books, centered around the character of Doctor Dolittle.
Doctor Dolittle was a doctor who disregarded human patients in favour of animals, with whom he could speak!
Apparently, the character originally “came to life” in the letters Lofting would write to his children while he was in British Army trenches – during World War I.
What does that have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
That said, while you’re here, we’d like to tell you about yet another one of Janna French’s roles. This time, she’s looking for an Administrative Supervisor in the Transportation industry in Montreal!
POSITION: ADMINISTRATIVE SUPERVISOR
INDUSTRY: TRANSPORTATION (TL + LTL) LOCATION: MONTREAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
COLLECTIONS + OS&D + RECEPTION + CALL-TAKING & IMAGING + BILLING
· Assist in achieving corporate collections quota – monthly
· Ensure timely follow-ups are completed by collectors to ensure all accounts are following payment terms
· Ensure credit applications are handled in a timely fashion
· Ensure day-to-day service requests are handled within established protocols
· Assist in providing coaching and on the job training to ensure employees are capable of meeting individual performance goals and are crossed trained to maximize their contribution to the department
· Effectively handle escalated issues from OS&D clerk and customers
· Provide back-up support to the manager/OS&D clerk during absences
· Participate in quality monitoring of team's service requests and phone calls
· Liaise with internal departments such as dispatch, operations, and OS&D to investigate & resolve operational/client issues
· Back-up to receptionist duties, as required
· Ensure accessorial charges are handled promptly
· Assist manager with the review/control of all departments ensuring day-to-day service requests are handled within established protocols
· Ensure imaging is up to date
· 3+ years' experience (intermodal knowledge, LTL & FL via road/rail – preferred)
· Previous administration experience (required)
· Intermediate+ working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access (required)
· Excellent communicative/interpersonal skill sets
· Bilingual, both oral + written in French/English (required)
· Well organized with a strong attention to detail
· Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be flexible to changing priorities
SALARY: $45,000 – $50,000 OTHER: benefits + rrsp matching
1: Email your resume to Janna French at; email@example.com.
2: Ensure the subject line reads; THE DOCTOR – 1J22MTCHFBL. 3: Based on the job description … tell Janna specifically … why you’re a fit for this role.