On July 19, 2022, in Moscow, a 7-year-old boy (ranked among the best players in the world, under age 9) squared off in a chess match – against a robot. The game progressed as every chess game does. The boy and the robot took turns moving their pieces around the chessboard. However, at one point the young boy responded too quickly for the robot’s liking! Almost instantly, the robot clamped down on the boy’s finger and would not let go.
Several adults intervened to assist, but not before the finger was broken! On a positive note, the boy was able to return to the competition, the following day. What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Nothing! That said, while you’re here, our client a prominent Canadian business law firm providing strategic legal and business advice in all areas of business law. They’re located in the heart of Toronto’s financial district, and they’re looking for an HR Generalist.
POSITION: HR GENERALIST LOCATION: TORONTO INDUSTRY: LEGAL SERVICES
· Lead the recruitment process for full-time, part-time, contract, field placement and temporary employees
· Identify and implement strategic and cost-effective recruitment channels and methods
· Facilitate selection process with hiring manager
· Conduct reference checks and identify terms for letters of employment
· Facilitate onboarding by identifying mentors, conducting firm orientation, facilities set-up, arrange for training, track probation periods and monitoring performance progress
· First line of contact for staff members with work / personal concerns.
· Maintain a high level of visibility and an approachable demeanor
· Effectively interpret, communicate, and apply firm policies – ensuring consistency
· Assist in the planning and executing of all firm staff events and activities
· Community Relations: Manage + execute community initiatives allow organization to ‘give back’
· Work with Community Colleges to support their Legal Assistant, Law Clerk and Paralegal programs
· Attend career fairs and speak at college recruiting events
Health & Wellness + Performance
· Along with the team, identify, manage, and execute of a variety health and wellness initiatives
· Manage staff performance on an ongoing basis + assist with the annual performance review process
· Assist with a variety of special tasks, administration and projects as assigned
· 5+ years’ experience in a similar role, preferably with a law firm or other professional services
· Post-secondary degree (preferably in Human Resources)
· Treat sensitive and confidential matters with discretion + ability to work occasional overtime
· Self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as in a team
· Proficient with MS Office 365 + strong interpersonal skills
· Prioritize and meet deadlines + ability to problem solve + sound judgement and decision making
REMUNERATION SALARY RANGE: $67,000 – $90,000 OTHER: benefits + vacation + professional programs
INTERESTED? If so, there are 3 things we need from you;
1. Send your resume to Mate Pavkovic at email@example.com.
2. Ensure subject line of email reads; THE FINGER – 30G22MTCHFBL
3. In a short email … tell Mate why you should be considered for this position.