Born in Alton, Illinois on February 22, 1918, Robert Wadlow was just like any other baby.
However, by the age of one, he was over 3 feet tall and by his eighth birthday – nearly twice that!
At 13 years old, Robert was the tallest Boy Scout in the world – an astounding 7 feet, 4 inches.
In 1936, he joined a traveling circus, drawing massive crowds.
Two years later, he became the spokesman for a shoe company and as a perk, received free shoes (size 37AA). (In comparison, Shaquille O'Neal’s shoe size is 23)
Due to his extreme height, Robert suffered from a lack of feeling in his legs.
Refusing to use a wheelchair, he chose to wear special braces to help him walk. Tragically, at the age of 22, one of his leg braces caused an infection which ultimately led to the premature death of the gentle, ‘Alton Giant’.
Robert’s last recorded measurement (18 days prior to his passing) was 8 feet, 11.1 inches! What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Not much, really!
That said, while we have your attention, we’d like to tell you about Sabrina Galli’s newest mandate.
Our client's organization creates the "best of the best" sales reps around - and they're looking for an Account Executive for their Barrie+ territory.
Our client’s organization is a very respected brand – famous for developing top-shelf sales professionals. Are you tired of 100% commission sales roles -or- plying your trade in a dead-end industry? If so, consider this ‘opportunity knocking’. Match and Fable’s Sabrina Galli is looking for a sales professional with as little as 6 months of hunter-type, B2B sales experience. Our client will also consider a talented (and super-driven) Inside Sales professional, who is primed and ready to step out from behind the desk and take on an Outside Sales position. POSITION: ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE REPORTS TO: SALES MANAGER TERRITORY: BARRIE + COLLINGWOOD + WASAGA BEACH + BLUE MOUNTAIN
· Responsible for building a client base through regular, territory sales calls.
· Prospect a geographic territory, targeting potential clients to initiate long-term partnerships.
· This role is 90% hunting and 10% farming.
· Provide consultative sales approach – creating value for both the client and the organization.
· Manage territory performance targets, while maintaining client satisfaction and overall results.
· Identify and prioritize high potential sales opportunities.
· MUST HAVE: Desire to learn from the best and put in the hustle to succeed.
· Minimum 6 months of sales experience.
BASE SALARY: $55,000
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $137,500 (uncapped) NOTE: Most of the sales team crushes target, earning considerably more than the OTE.
OTHER: rrsp + benefits + car allowance + gas card + cell allowance WHAT NOW? If you believe you are qualified for this role … the ball is in your court!
1. Email your resume to Sabrina Galli at; email@example.com.
2. Ensure subject line reads; THE GENTLE ALTON GIANT – 26E23MTCHFBL
3. Based on the requirements listed – tell Sabrina what makes you a legitimate contender.