Bjorn Ironside is believed to have been a Viking king who ruled over present-day Sweden, in the 9th century.
As one of his ‘side-hustles’, Bjorn lead surprise attacks into cities located in present-day Europe.
In one of his most notorious raids, Ironside partnered with another Viking – Hastein, to sack the Italian city of Rome.
Soon after the raid began, the duo realized Rome was very well fortified against an enemy assault.
So, they came up with an alternative plan!
They sent a message to the local bishop, claiming Bjorn had died and his deathbed wish had been to receive a Christian burial.
The bishop consented and agreed to allow a few Viking pallbearers to deliver Bjorn’s body inside the city walls.
Once they breached the gates, Bjorn jumped out of his coffin and his small band of Viking soldiers leapt into attack mode – allowing the rest of their comrades to enter.
Soon after, and much to their chagrin, they realized they had, in error, attacked the city of Luni – not Rome!
They also learned Rome was exceptionally well equipped to defend itself, so they simply ‘kiboshed’ their plans and returned home! What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Nothing at all!
That said, while you’re here, we’d like to tell you about Janna French’s newest mandate. The Dispatcher / Service Coordinator will position and dispatch the company’s field technicians for success.
They’ll create, implement, communicate and drive daily plans, ensuring proactive + long-term solutions are met.
POSITION: DISPATCHER / SERVICE COORDINATOR
REPORTS TO: SERVICE MANAGER
LOCATION: BRAMPTON, ON
MODEL: OFFICE BASED (MON – FRI) RESPONSIBILITIES:
· 5+ years’ experience as a Dispatcher and/or Service Coordinator
· Strong knowledge of hydraulic & electrical systems (preferred)
· Computer savvy including experience with ERP systems
· Self-motivated and extremely well-organized + experience in a fast-paced environment
· Handle all responsibilities with respect to the dispatch of 30+ technicians
· Coordinate + assign service requests
· Provide daily schedules to technicians & maintain communication as plans or job requirements change
· Reconcile all service orders + prepare for billing department
· Support Inventory Manager to provide parts jobs using the ERP system
· Back-up administrative support duties, as required
· Maintain database of vehicle asset information (mileage + repair history + scheduled maintenance)
BASE SALARY: $60,000 – $65,000
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $63,000 – $68,000
INTERESTED? Then there are 3 things we need from you.
1. Please send your resume to Janna French at email@example.com.
2. Ensure the subject line of your email reads KIBOSH – 4B23MTCHFBL
3. In a short email, tell Janna why you’re a fit for this position.