In January 1933, five friends came up with a wicked plan. With the help of a crooked insurance agent, they purchased a life insurance policy on Michael Malloy – a homeless, alcoholic.
Tony Marino, a tavern owner, offered Malloy an unlimited tab, banking on the idea Malloy would drink himself to death and the 5 friends (later dubbed The Murder Trust), would cash-in on the life insurance policy.
Malloy seized the opportunity to drink, from sunrise to sunset – and returned every single day, to do it again.
Growing increasingly impatient, Marino swapped the liquor with antifreeze, then turpentine, then horse liniment and finally … rat poison. But Michael Malloy just kept on drinking – completely unfazed!
In desperation, the men tried feeding Malloy a plate of raw oysters, soaked in wood alcohol and a sandwich of spoiled sardines, mixed with poison & steel shavings. Malloy ended up asking for a second helping!
They tried freezing him to death and running him over with a car – yet Malloy survived.
On February 23, 1933, after a full day of drinking, Malloy passed out. The five men then carried him to a room, put a hose in his mouth (connected to a gas jet) … and Malloy died, within the hour.
Dr. Frank Manzella pronounced Malloy’s death a result of ‘lobar pneumonia’ and his body was swiftly buried. Police quickly heard rumors and ordered Malloy’s body be exhumed and examined.
Long story short, the men were aptly convicted of murder, and the “good doctor” was held as an accessory after the fact. One of the men went to prison while the remaining four booked their date with the electric chair!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role? Nothing, really. That said, while you’re here, we’d like to tell you about Paul Litschko’s newest Operations Manager role – and it’s a hot one! POSITION: OPERATIONS MANAGER LOCATION: BURLINGTON / OAKVILLE REGION INDUSTRY: METAL RECYCLING SUMMARY:
Our client is a large metal recycler and they’re looking for an Operations Manager to direct the company’s Recycling Division – in Central Ontario.
This position will directly lead 4 Managers – cascading to a team of 30 employees. The candidate we’re looking for must have experience in the metal industry a great personality and a “roll-up your sleeves” attitude. (Arm-chair quarterbacks need not apply!)
· Day-to-day management of loading + unloading trucks and railcars + managing division of material
· Regular contact with clients, proactive problem resolution, and oversight regarding daily operational challenges, including all equipment preventative maintenance and repairs
· Supervise day-to-day operations of facility, specifically coaching, developing, and guiding the staff to perform effectively and efficiently
· Supervision of staff, ensuring company policies and procedures are in place + health and safety + coaching and disciplinary actions + provide support to facility staff in execution of their roles
· Ensure operational excellence and flawless execution in service delivery and timing
· Build relationships with front line staff + have a ‘hands-on’ approach in the yard while directing and managing
· MUST HAVE: · 3+ years in a similar, leadership-type position … within the metal industry
· Client willing to entertain Ops Managers / Service Managers or Area Managers – currently in a similar role
· Able to inspire a team and build consensus to promote a common goal + a Health & Safety advocate
· Persuasive and able to adapt communication style to both audience and situation
· Strong critical thinking and business acumen + excellent time management & collaborative skills
BASE SALARY: $130,000 – $150,000 BONUS POTENTIAL: $20,000 – $100,000
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $150,000 – $250,000
OTHER: benefits + rrsp + 4 weeks’ vacation
INTERESTED? There are 3 things Match and Fable needs from you;
1. Please send your resume to Paul Litschko at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Ensure subject line of your email reads; THE MURDER TRUST – 17H22MTCHFBL
3. In a short email, please tell Paul how your experience fits the role we’ve outlined above.