Hugh Glass was an American frontiersman, fur trapper, trader, hunter, and explorer.
During an expedition in 1822, Glass surprised a mother grizzly bear with her two cubs. The grizzly charged him and did what bears do – brutally mauling Hugh. Nonetheless, with the help of his fellow hunters, Glass managed to kill the bear, but was left critically wounded.
Over the next 48 hours, the men carried Glass, but decided his odds of survival were slim. Two men were chosen to stay with him until he died, to give him a proper burial – while the rest moved on. The two men didn’t hang around long, though. They grabbed Glass’s knife and gun and left him to die – alone. Incredibly, Glass regained consciousness and found himself alone, with nothing – 200 miles from civilization. Hugh proceeded to set his broken leg and tend to his festering wounds, as best he could. And, over the next 6 weeks, surviving on berries and roots, Hugh Glass crawled his way towards the Cheyenne River and fashioned a crude raft upon which he managed to float to Fort Kiowa!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Nothing at all!
That said, while you’re here, we’d like to tell you about a fantastic opportunity Janna French is working on. She is looking for an Inside Account Manager in the Transportation industry in Concord!
POSITION: INSIDE ACCOUNT MANAGER
INDUSTRY: TRANSPORTATION (LTL + FTL) LOCATION: CONCORD, ONTARIO RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Manage existing portfolio of clients and work towards increasing share of wallet.
· Prospect for new leads and collaborate with Senior Account Executives to ensure leads are handed off.
· Achieve defined sales targets.
· Work with the Operations Team to execute and optimize new / existing business models.
· Gain thorough knowledge of the domestic LTL/Intermodal/TL marketplace – including its competitive landscape, market challenges and trends.
· Build & maintain longstanding partnerships with clients and act as a key ambassador of the company.
· 3 – 5+ years sales & account management experience.
· In-depth knowledge of current landscape/geography/trends of the LTL/Intermodal/TL industry.
· Analytical thinker / motivated / self-starter / confident / effective communicator.
· Self-driven; sales "Hunting + Farming" mindset.
· Ability to multi-task and adapt to ever-changing, high-pressure environments.
· Willingness to grow and develop within the transportation logistics environment.
BASE SALARY: $65,000 SALES INCENTIVE PROGRAM: 1.5% OTHER: benefits + 3 weeks’ vacation
1: Email your resume to Janna French at; email@example.com.
2: Ensure the subject line reads; THE STORY OF HUGH GLASS – 30C23MTCHFBL 3: Based on the job description … tell Janna specifically … why you’re a fit for this role.