Frane Selak was born in Croatia in 1929 and has been referred to as “the world’s luckiest, unluckiest man”.
But one could argue the term lucky boils down to perspective.
While riding in a train in 1962, the train skipped off the tracks and crashed into a river. 17 people died and Frane escaped with a broken arm and hypothermia.
The next year, shortly before landing, Frane and a stewardess were sucked out of a malfunctioning plane door.
19 people died, but Mr. Selak landed on a haystack – and lived! In 1966, the bus Frane was riding in left the road and crashed into an icy river.
4 passengers died, while Frane swam to shore.
Driving his car in 1970, it burst into flames, but Frane managed to escape before the fuel tank blew up!
In 1973, a faulty fuel pump caused flames to shoot through the vents of his car.
Other than singing off his hair, Frane emerged unscathed.
Walking down the street in Zagreb in 1995, Frane was hit by a bus – suffering minor injuries.
In 1996, to avoid a head-on collision with a truck, Frane swerved into a guardrail. The force of the impact ejected Frane through his car door, but he managed to grab hold of a tree branch – while his car fell 300 feet into the gorge below. In 2003, at the age of 73, Mr. Selak won €900,000 in the Croatian lottery! What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Nothing, really. That said, if you are a fit for this position – you can count yourself among the lucky! Match and Fable’s latest mandate in the GTA is with a magnificent organization, sure to be a wonderful career move for the right individual. SUMMARY
Match and Fable is working with an internationally renowned and highly respected logo.
If you’ve dreamed of working for a multi-billion-dollar organization – with a focus on flexibility and responsiveness in their solutions – look no further. Our client offers one of the most admired workplace cultures in the nation! They offer genuine career progression opportunities – and the environment is exceptionally collaborative. POSITION: NATIONAL ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE LOCATION: TORONTO (GTA) INDUSTRY: COURIER + SUPPLY CHAIN OFFICE: 90% WFH
· Dedicated focus, selling complex supply chain solutions into the e-tailer and Retailer vertical segment
· The role includes both growth and retention targets (Share of Wallet + New Logo acquisition)
· Forecast, track client account performance metrics, vertical and market specific research and understand industry trends to enable growth + cross functional internal collaboration to support client requirements
· Negotiate complex contracts and strategic multi-year renewals for client base
· Facilitate sales process involving appropriate internal resources to ensure client satisfaction
· Maintain and update CRM + lead and orchestrate Quotes + Bids + RFIs + RFPs
· Required: ~10 years of progressive, client facing sales experience in transportation
· Experience in courier industry – highly preferred
· A ‘Solution Selling’ based background – selling into V-Suite and C-Suite decision-makers
· Current experience, selling multi-million / multi-year deals
· Strong financial acumen
BASE SALARY: $90,000 – $110,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $32,000 (at 100% of plan + ability to overachieve) ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $129,000 – $149,000
OTHER: RRSP + benefits + car allowance + WFH WHAT NOW?
1. Email your resume to Mark Krpan; firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Ensure the subject line reads; THE WORLD’S LUCKIEST, UNLUCKY MAN – 27B23MTCHFBL
3. Based on the job description, please highlight your experience in transportation (hopefully, courier) sales.