At some point or another, we’ve all “touched wood” with the hope it would bring good luck – or prevent something terrible from happening.
This practice apparently originated from the folklore of ancient Indo-Europeans.
Long before modern religions arrived on the scene, many of these cultures believed supernatural beings, like spirits or gods, lived inside the trees.
Touching the tree would invoke the protection or blessing of the spirit within.
What does that have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
That said, while you’re here, we’d like to tell you about yet another one of Janna French’s roles. This time, she’s looking for an Administrative Supervisor in the Transportation industry – in Montreal! POSITION: ADMINISTRATIVE SUPERVISOR
INDUSTRY: TRANSPORTATION LOCATION: MONTREAL RESPONSIBILITIES The Administrative Supervisor will report to the Administration Manager and will play a key role in managing the day-to-day tasks of various departments including Operations, OS&D, Call Taking & Imaging / Reception.
· Assist manager with review/control of all departments
· Ensure daily service requests are handled within acceptable timelines
· Assist in providing coaching and on the job training
· Effectively handle escalated issues from OS&D clerk and customers
· Provide back-up support to the manager/OS&D clerk during absences
· Quality monitoring of team's service requests and telephone calls; identify opportunities for improvements
· Liaise with internal departments (Dispatch, Ops & OS&D) to investigate & resolve operational/client issues
· Back-up to receptionist duties, as required
· Ensure accessorial charges are handled promptly
· Assist manager with the review/control of all departments
· Assist in providing coaching / on the job training
· Provide back-up support to the call-taking department
· Quality monitoring of team's service requests + telephone calls & identify opportunities for improvement
· Ensure imaging is up to date
· 3+ years' experience (intermodal knowledge, LTL & FL via road/rail – preferred)
· Previous administration experience (required)
· Intermediate+ working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access (required)
· Excellent communicative/interpersonal skill sets
· Bilingual, both oral + written in French/English (required)
· Well organized with a strong attention to detail
· Able to work in a fast-paced environment and be flexible to changing priorities
SALARY: $55,000 – $65,000 OTHER: benefits + vacation
1: Email your resume to Janna French at; email@example.com.
2: Ensure the subject line reads; TOUCH WOOD – 13A23MTCHFBL. 3: Based on the job description … tell Janna specifically … why you’re a fit for this role.