In 18th century Britain, alarm clocks were a luxury (but they were still unreliable and quite expensive!) Nevertheless, people had to make sure they woke up on-time to get to work!
So, what did they do?
Well, they did what everyone else in their neighbourhood was doing, silly!
They hired a ‘Knocker-Upper’.
The Knocker-Upper’s job was to walk up and down the street, rousing his clientele from their slumber.
This individual would carry a baton and knock on clients’ doors.
For those clients who lived on higher floors, they’d use a long bamboo stick, to reach their bedroom windows.
The Knocker-Upper wouldn’t leave until they were certain their client had climbed out of bed.
In return for his services, the Knocker-Upper was paid a few pence per week. What we’re left wondering is – whose job it was to wake the Knocker-Upper?
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Not much, really! That said, if you’re a Corporate PR Account Manager in the GTA, let this be your wake-up call to a pretty great opportunity. The role offers the flexibility of ~75% work from home. For more details, contact, Jeanne Agius. POSITION: CORPORATE PR ACCOUNT MANAGER
OFFICE: DOWNTOWN TORONTO (~75% WORK FROM HOME) INDUSTRY: PUBLIC RELATIONS & COMMUNICATIONS
· Manage day-to-day client communications + serve as an effective account lead across multiple accounts with limited senior support
· Manage junior staff and provide day-to-day mentoring + constructive feedback to nurture growth and elevate development
· Maintain a strong understanding of the evolving 360 media landscape and actively foster relationships with relevant media
· Develop communications strategies to help clients achieve objectives
· Develop crisis management strategies to help clients manage crisis
· Assist in media training of clients + provide strategic client counsel on internal / external communications
· Manage and reconcile large program budgets effectively, ensuring accurate billing of time and hard costs
· Participate in new business pitches
· Postgraduate degree in Public Relations, Marketing Communications, Journalism, Business or similar background
· 3 to 5 years of directly related experience – please note: an agency background is a must
· Experience working with corporate accounts/clients; corporate communications experience is a must
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong technical and creative writing skills are a must
· Strong media relations skills and relationships + track record of successfully delivering measurable results
· Excellent organizational skills necessary to manage multiple projects within established deadlines
· Impeccable attention to detail, including spelling, grammar, and punctuation
· A self-starter – not afraid to take on new tasks and run with them
· Evidence of leadership qualities and ability to demonstrate poise and professionalism
SALARY: $70,000 – $75,000
OTHER: benefits + hybrid WFH set-up + vacation + cell allowance WHAT NOW? If you’re qualified for this role … the ball is in your court.
1: Email your resume to Jeanne Agius at; firstname.lastname@example.org.
2: Ensure the subject line reads; WAKE-UP CALL – (1I22MTCHFBL)
3: Based on the job description, explain how you are qualified for this role.