In 1859, as the British explorer Alfred Russel Wallace was strolling across Indonesia’s Bacan Island, he stumbled upon something extraordinary!
He described it as “a large, black, wasp-like insect, with immense jaws like a stag-beetle.” As it turned out, it was a never-before-seen, wild species of bee!
What made it so unique was its sheer size!
The species (unsurprisingly named, Wallace’s Giant Bee) is the world’s largest bee, with females reaching lengths of nearly 4cm – with wingspans of more than 6cm!
Long believed to be extinct, WGB had not been spotted for over a century – until American researcher Adam Catton Messer, finally stumbled upon another, in 1981!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Not much really.
That said, if you’re a Corporate PR Account Manager in Toronto and love being busy as a bee, you’ll want to get in touch with Jeanne Agius! This role offers the flexibility of ~75% work from home. POSITION: CORPORATE PR ACCOUNT MANAGER
OFFICE: DOWNTOWN TORONTO (~75% WORK FROM HOME) INDUSTRY: PUBLIC RELATIONS & COMMUNICATIONS
· Manage day-to-day client communications + serve as an effective account lead across multiple accounts with limited senior support
· Manage junior staff and provide day-to-day mentoring + constructive feedback to nurture growth and elevate development
· Maintain a strong understanding of the evolving 360 media landscape and actively foster relationships with relevant media
· Develop communications strategies to help clients achieve their objectives
· Develop crisis management strategies to help clients manage crisis
· Assist in media training of clients + provide strategic client counsel on internal / external communications
· Manage and reconcile large program budgets effectively, ensuring accurate billing of time and hard costs
· Participate in new business pitches
· Postgraduate degree in Public Relations, Marketing Communications, Journalism, Business or similar background
· 3 – 5 years of directly related experience – please note: agency background, is a must
· Experience working with corporate accounts/clients; corporate communications experience is a must
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong technical and creative writing skills are a must
· Strong media relations skills and relationships + track record of successfully delivering measurable results
· Excellent organizational skills necessary to manage multiple projects within established deadlines
· Impeccable attention to detail, including spelling, grammar, and punctuation
· A self-starter – not afraid to take on new tasks and run with them
· Evidence of leadership qualities and ability to demonstrate poise and professionalism
SALARY: $70,000 – $80,000
OTHER: benefits + hybrid WFH set-up + vacation + cell allowance WHAT NOW? If you like what you’re seeing – the next step lies with you!
1: Email your resume to Jeanne Agius at; firstname.lastname@example.org.
2: Ensure the subject line reads; GWB – 20C23MTCHFBL
3: Based on the job description, explain how you are qualified for this role.