Abraham Shakespeare was born, April 1966. As a result of a troubled childhood, he dropped out of school in 7th grade and spent the better part of the next 3 decades taking odd jobs as a labourer.
On November 15, 2006, Abraham and his co-worker named Michael Ford stopped at a convenience store in Frostproof, Florida. Ford grabbed some cigarettes and a soda, while Abraham plunked down two of the five dollars he had in his pocket for a few lottery tickets.
The next morning, Abraham woke up with the winning ticket to the Florida State Lottery, in his pocket.
Abraham’s luck had finally taken a massive turn in the right direction – or had it?
He bought a million-dollar home, a Rolex watch and eased into the $17,000,000 he’d chosen to receive as a lump sum payout.
A few months later, Michael Ford sued Shakespeare claiming he’d stolen the winning ticket from him. The jury ruled in Abraham’s favour and all was right in his world – or was it?
In October 2008, Shakespeare received a call from a lady named Dee Dee Moore, asking to write a book about his life.
They ended up starting a business together and in short order, Dee Dee stole a million dollars from Abraham. To make a long story extremely short, 14 months later, police unearthed Abraham’s body from under a newly poured concrete slab at Dee Dee’s house. Dee Dee was convicted of first-degree murder and sentenced to life in prison.
What does this have to do with Match and Fable's role?
Well, nothing really.
That said, while you’re here, Janna French’s client is looking for a General Manager with leadership experience in Transportation + Warehousing + 3PL.
SUMMARY: Our client’s services consist of 3PL, transportation, transloading, warehousing, and custom logistics solutions. They’re looking for an individual with the Operational ‘chops’ to know how to assess a situation and fix it. But Operations savvy isn’t quite enough – on its own.
This person must also be financially minded and understand the P&L! POSITION: GENERAL MANAGER INDUSTRY: 3PL / WAREHOUSING / LOGISTICS LOCATION: LONDON, ONTARIO
· Manage + improve all aspects of Operations – with specialized focus on achieving performance goals
· Develop and implement process changes to drive sustainable results
· Develop + direct warehouse team to ensure safe, efficient and cost-effective operations
· Ensure effective pre-shift meetings are conducted daily & schedule labour planning
· Work with senior leadership to establish operating efficiency goals
· Plan + monitor + analyze KPI’s for daily operations, ensuring effective operations; provide monthly forecasts
· Understand all financial metrics (profitability by client, P&L, daily profitability)
· Manage client contracts – including pro-active management of their life cycle
· Manage sales pipeline, in conjunction with sales team
· Coordinate with clients on product programs
· Ensure facility is compliant with all regulatory agency requirements
· Collaborate with other functions (Finance, Sales and HR) on cross-functional items
· Travel to other warehouses and attend affiliated meetings, as necessary
· 7+ years in a senior supervisory / leadership role
· Experience managing a 100,000+ sq. ft. Warehouse / Distribution Centre with revenues of $5MM+
· Bachelor’s degree in General Business or related field (asset)
· Must be flexible with a strong sales acumen
· Clear understanding of financial literature ie. P&L and Financial Statements
· Must have previous union experience
· Proven history of strong client relationships
· Strong ability to coordinate transport companies
· 3PL & rail experience (asset)
SALARY: $110,000 – $115,000 BONUS: 15% ($17,000)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $127,000 – $132,000
OTHER: benefits + rrsp WHAT NOW? If you’re qualified for this role, the ball is in your court.
1: Email your resume to Janna French at; firstname.lastname@example.org.
2: Ensure the subject line reads; WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER (30I22MTCHFBL)
3: Based on the job description … explain how you are a fit for this role.