Don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater.
Ever wondered how this saying came to be?
Well, 500 years ago, daily life was far different than what we’ve grown accustomed to, today.
For example, in the 1500’s, when it came to personal hygiene, many people bathed only once or twice per year!
To make matters worse, an entire family would bathe in the very same water!
The ‘Order of Operations’ generally involved the adult male bathing first, followed by the adult female.
Any children would then get their ‘turn in the tub’ – from oldest to youngest.
By the time the babies found their place in the queue, the bath water was beyond filthy. So much so, mothers had to be careful not to throw their baby out with the bathwater! What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Not much, really.
That said, while we have your attention Jeanne Agius’ client is looking for a Communications and Content Manager. The position can be based in #Toronto or #Montreal and is a hybrid position consisting of 2 days from the office.
Our client is a national, non-profit organization providing financing, mentorship, and resources to aspiring business owners aged 18 to 39.
They're looking for a Communications and Content Manager to oversee their strategic content creation for their Marketing and Communications team, internally and with partners. Reporting to the Head of Marketing and Communications, you'll manage bilingual content, including planning, copywriting, design, and translation for web, social, email, print, and special projects. POSITION: COMMUNICATIONS AND CONTENT MANAGER REPORTS TO: HEAD OF MARKETING INDUSTRY: NOT FOR PROFIT OFFICE: TORONTO OR MONTREAL, HYBRID (2 DAYS IN OFFICE)
· Collaborate with Head of Marketing & Comms to develop personas and strategic channels roadmap.
· Adapt messaging to address evolving market trends and audience needs.
· Create and maintain an editorial calendar for consistent content delivery across platforms.
· Define brand tone, manner, voice, and style guide for effective implementation in both languages.
Content & Communications:
· Manage content production and repurposing across diverse platforms and formats.
· Write impactful content, social & search posts, blog entries, emails, print materials, press releases, etc.
· Ensure content aligns with project briefs and objectives.
· Coordinate with team members and vendors to meet deadlines, leveraging data for maximum impact.
· Provide insights to improve always-on, campaign, and ad hoc content initiatives.
· Collaborate on website content, SEO, and paid campaigns with the Digital Marketing Manager.
· Optimize content creation workflow for efficient reviewing, editing, approvals, and publishing.
Leadership, Coaching, and Team Management:
· Manage, coach, and develop the content and communications team + 3rd party agencies and freelancers.
· Foster a positive team culture aligned with organizational vision and values.
· Build relationships with internal, partner, and community teams to support entrepreneurship initiatives and strategic communication.
· Ensure marketing materials comply with branding & legal guidelines, maintaining consistency + accuracy.
· 8+ years’ experience and career background in Communications, Content Marketing, Advertising, SEO, Journalism, or Business.
· Exceptional content creation and writing skills.
· 2+ years’ experience managing teams and vendors, overseeing end-to-end content development.
· Adaptability in a fast-paced environment with diverse stakeholders.
· Experience producing content for Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and/or TikTok, with an understanding of how each platform differs and can be optimized.
· Strong English communication and writing ability; bilingualism (English and French) desirable.
· Experience creating / managing promotional materials and deploying press releases for regional and national level marketing campaigns.
· Experience with WordPress CMS and Microsoft Dynamics CRM – a plus.
· Experience using platforms and tools for organic or paid search and social is an advantage (Google Search Console, SEMRush, SEO Yoast, Google AdWords, Meta/Facebook Ads Manager, GA4).
· Strong network and sense of purpose, entrepreneurial mentality and/or lived experience working with entrepreneurs and community organizations.
· Detail oriented, organized and guided by a data-driven mindset.
· Public, not for profit and/or finance sector experience, an asset.
· Experience speaking to Gen Z or Millennial audience in a B2B or entrepreneurial context – an asset.
· Strong problem-solving skills and commitment to resolve issues with a positive outcome.
SALARY: $83,000 – $95,000 OTHER: 3 weeks' vacation + 3 personal days + discretionary bonus + health & dental plan + RRSP + learning and development allowance + Summer / Christmas program WHAT NOW? If you’re qualified for this role … the ball is in your court. 1: Email your resume to Jeanne Agius at; email@example.com. 2: Ensure the subject line reads; BABY & THE BATH WATER – 11H23MTCHFBL 3: Based on the job description … explain how you are a fit for this role.