At an auction on June 14, 2023, the sneakers worn by Michael Jordan during Game 5 of his legendary 1997 "Flu Game" sold for a whopping $1.38 million!
During that game, despite suffering from food poisoning, Jordan was superhuman, scoring 38 points, grabbing 7 rebounds, and assisting 5 times for the Bulls. As a token of his appreciation, Jordan gave his autographed sneakers to Preston Truman, a ball boy for the Utah Jazz. (The ball boy had earned Jordan's favor by providing him with applesauce before the games.)
Truman kept the sneakers for 15 years until 2013 when he sold them for $104,765, setting a record for the highest price ever paid for game-worn shoes. Over the next decade, their value appreciated by an astounding 1,200%.
Although the sale of Jordan's "Flu Game" sneakers broke the million-dollar mark, it fell short of the all-time record for a pair of game-worn sneakers. That distinction belongs to the Air Jordan XIII Breds, worn by Jordan during the second half of Game 2 of the 1998 NBA Finals. That pair sold for an eye-watering $2.238 million! What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role? Nothing really. That said, while we have your attention, Match and Fable’s Jeanne Agius is looking for a Sales Representative in the GTA. SUMMARY: This is a wonderful story! Our client is a leading provider of high-quality paper, packaging, and graphic supplies and after 30 successful years in the position, the current Sales Representative is retiring. Our client is looking for his replacement to both sell into and manage their GTA territory clients. POSITION: SALES REPRESENTATIVE INDUSTRY: PAPER + PACKAGING OFFICE: MISSISSAUGA
· Develop, and maintain strong business relationships with current / prospective customers in the GTA.
· Achieve sales targets by selling products across various segments, including paper products, packaging supplies, janitorial supplies, digital media solutions, and graphic solutions supplies.
· Utilize sales and product presentations to drive account penetration and growth.
· Execute sales and marketing initiatives to maximize sales profitability.
· Conduct customer business reviews and contribute to market share development.
· Analyze customer needs, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
· Resolve customer complaints, investigate problems, and develop solutions.
· Work closely with the Customer Care group to support ongoing business and customer needs.
· University or College education.
· 2+ years’ B2B sales experience.
· Excellent communication, conflict resolution, and time management skills.
· Strong teamwork, customer orientation, and problem-solving abilities.
· Professionalism, influence, and business acumen.
· Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office software programs.
BASE SALARY: $58,000 ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $22,000 (uncapped)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $80,000 (uncapped)
OTHER: car allowance + cell phone allowance + benefits + pension (8%!) + 2 weeks’ vacation WHAT NOW? If you’re qualified for this role … the ball is in your court.
1: Email your resume to Jeanne Agius at; firstname.lastname@example.org.
2: Ensure the subject line reads; FANCY SCHMANCY KICKS – (22F23MTCHFBL)
3: Based on the job description … explain how you are a fit for this role.