Did you know Superman (a.k.a. The Man of Steel) was co-created by a Canadian?
In 1933, along with his high school friend, Jerry Siegel, Toronto-born artist, Joe Shuster created the character, while living in Cleveland, Ohio.
Other Canadian connections to the Superman empire include the premise that the Daily Planet was based on the Toronto Star and the city of Metropolis was inspired by Toronto’s skyline. What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
That said, while you’re here, Mate Pavkovic’s client is a prominent Canadian business law firm providing strategic legal and business advice in all areas of business law. They’re located in the heart of Toronto’s financial district and looking for a Legal Assistant (Litigation Estates).
POSITION: LEGAL ASSISTANT (LITIGATION - ESTATES) LOCATION: TORONTO INDUSTRY: LEGAL SERVICES
· Support reporting lawyers with assembling and organizing client case information.
· Assist in preparation and completion of various litigation documentation such as motion records, pleadings, notices, affidavits, affidavits of documents and correspondence.
· Attend to service and filing of court documents, including preparation of Affidavits of Service, and corresponding with process servers, where required.
· Ensure legal documents are prepared within timelines set by the lawyers or applicable court dates.
· Manage mediation practice from beginning to end.
· When appropriate, prepare and hyperlink documents for court filings and service of same.
· Manage and track due dates and deadlines, especially in respect of litigation files.
· Scan, file and e-file a large volume of emails and documents.
· proofreading letter correspondence and compiling enclosures.
· communicating with clients in a professional and friendly manner.
· Handle daily administrative details.
· Manage duties related to accounting and billing + arrange meetings + calendar management.
· 3+ years’ experience as a Legal Assistant, preferably in Litigation.
· Completion of a post-secondary Legal Assistant or Law Clerk program.
· Previous litigation working experience and knowledge of the Ontario Rules of Civil Procedure.
· Familiar with CaseLines and ACL, considered an asset.
REMUNERATION SALARY: $60,000 – $70,000 OTHER: benefits + vacation + professional & wellness programs
INTERESTED? If so, there are 3 things we need from you;
1. Send your resume to Mate Pavkovic at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Ensure subject line of email reads; SPEEDING BULLET – 20J23MTCHFBL
3. In a short email, please tell Mate how you are a fit for this position.