On July 2, 1982, Larry Walters, an American truck driver with an unquenchable desire to take flight, hatched an eccentric scheme. He fastened 42 weather balloons to a simple lawn chair in his girlfriend’s backyard in San Pedro, California and armed himself with a pellet gun, some sandwiches, and a CB radio.
With the balloons secured to his chair, “Lawn Chair Larry” cut the anchor line, expecting to ascend only a few feet above ground. However, the balloons quickly propelled him skyward at an astonishing rate – reaching heights of up to 16,000 feet within minutes!
As he grappled with his precarious situation, Larry pulled out his pellet gun and popped some of the balloons in a desperate bid to descend safely. Eventually, he touched down (without harm) having been spotted by both commercial airline pilots and authorities. He landed in a Long Beach neighborhood, where he was promptly apprehended by the authorities.
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
That said, while you’re here, Mate Pavkovic is looking for a Corporate Commercial Paralegal for his Edmonton-based legal client. POSITION: CORPORATE COMMERCIAL PARALEGAL LOCATION: EDMONTON, ALBERTA INDUSTRY: LEGAL SERVICES
· Provide administrative support including reviewing and drafting complex documents, transaction related correspondence + other practice related documents.
· Create documents required for incorporations, dissolutions, revivals, extra-provincial registrations, amendments and amalgamations of Alberta and federal Corporations.
· Conduct corporate searches and filings on CORES database.
· Perform corporate governance support tasks.
· Review, audit, and maintain corporate records and minute books.
· Communicate with clients + 3rd parties for collection or sharing of information + execution of documents.
· Coordinate with lawyers and accountants to prepare documents relating to corporate reorganizations.
· Prepare documents relating to creation and maintenance of Societies and Not-for-Profit Corporations.
· 2+ years’ experience in corporate law.
· CORES Level 1-3 Accreditation.
· Strong understanding of corporate legislation, structures, terminology, and governance.
· Ability to work collaboratively with other paralegals and lawyers.
· Excellent time management skills + advanced skills in MS Office Suite.
· Experience with ALF (or other corporate records software).
REMUNERATION SALARY RANGE: $65,000 – $85,000 OTHER: benefits + life insurance + on-site gym + parking subsidy + RRSPs + vacation
INTERESTED? If so … there are 3 things we need from you;
1. Send your resume to Mate Pavkovic at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Ensure subject line of email reads; LAWN CHAIR LARRY – 9K23MTCHFBL
3. In a short email … tell Mate how you’re a fit for this position.