On October 9, 1919, after winning Games 6 and 7, the Chicago White Sox faced off against the Cincinnati Reds, in a “must-win” 8th game of the World Series.
The White Sox were widely considered one of the best baseball teams in the sports’ history. But they lost by a score of 10-5.
Long story short, 8 members of the team were accused of ‘fixing’ the series, in exchange for money.
The players were acquitted in their 1921 trial, but the Commissioner of the MLB issued a lifetime ban from professional baseball – to all of them. What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
That said, while you’re here, Mate Pavkovic’s client is a prominent Canadian business law firm providing strategic legal and business advice in all areas of business law. They’re located in the heart of Toronto’s financial district and looking for a Legal Assistant (Labour Litigation).
POSITION: LEGAL ASSISTANT (LABOUR LITIGATION) LOCATION: TORONTO INDUSTRY: LEGAL SERVICES
· Assist in preparation + completion of various commercial and employment litigation documentation, including, motion records, pleadings (Superior Court, Court of Appeal, Small Claims Court, and Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario), notices, affidavits, affidavits of documents, bill of costs, cost outlines, writs of seizure and sale, correspondence.
· Assist in preparation of employee handbooks, offers of employment, and termination notices.
· Communicate with internal / external clients, court and tribunal offices and opposing counsel.
· Handle administrative details with respect to accounting, opening and closing files, docketing, billing, etc.
· Calendar management, including arranging meetings.
· Ability to be flexible to the changing demands of the job + produce the highest quality of work.
· 3+ years’ experience as a Legal Assistant in Litigation.
· Previous experience with Caselines.
· Successful completion of post-secondary legal assistant or law clerk course.
· Superior knowledge of various courts and the Rules of Civil Procedure.
· Strong technical skills using MS Office and ACL (Automated Civil Litigation).
REMUNERATION SALARY RANGE: $60,000 – $70,000 OTHER: benefits + vacation + professional & wellness programs
INTERESTED? If so, there are 3 things we need from you;
1. Send your resume to Mate Pavkovic at email@example.com.
2. Ensure subject line of email reads; LIFETIME BAN – 20J23MTCHFBL
3. In a short email, please tell Mate how you are a fit.