In the late 1800’s, a trendy, alcoholic drink was made with whiskey and eggs.
It was described as a “sturdy, healthful eggnog type of drink, with eggs and whiskey – served as a tonic, as well as a treat”. It was called – the ‘milkshake’.
By 1900, the term ‘milkshake’ referred to “wholesome drinks made with chocolate, strawberry, or vanilla syrups.”
100 years ago, in 1922, the milkshake as we know it, was born when a Walgreens employee in Chicago, named Ivar “Pop” Coulson, took an old-fashioned malted milk (milk, chocolate, & malt) and tossed in two scoops of ice cream.
In doing so, he created a drink which instantly became wildly popular across the USA – and around the world!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role? Nothing at all!
Now that we have your attention, we’d like to direct you to Jeanne Agius’ latest role – a 12-month contract as an Account Director in the GTA. The role offers the flexibility of ~75% work from home! POSITION: ACCOUNT DIRECTOR (12-MONTH CONTRACT)
OFFICE: DOWNTOWN TORONTO (75% WORK FROM HOME) INDUSTRY: PUBLIC RELATIONS & COMMUNICATIONS
· Develop public relations strategies for a variety of clients within the consumer, lifestyle, and cannabis sectors.
· Develop and oversee account teams’ performance, ensuring quality work is done, efficient processes are in place, and client requests are handled in a timely fashion.
· Lead and oversee the overall direction of multiple accounts and help manage clients’ expectations, budgets, and team efficiencies.
· Anticipate clients’ strategic needs, both long and short term
· Assist with new business development and organic client growth.
· Oversee all media and influencer relations with the ability to help the team pitch effectively and deliver exceptional program results.
· Manage client relationships, provide strategic counsel, and ensure ongoing results.
· Mentor and provide clear direction/support to account managers and junior team members to foster positive team growth.
· Oversee management and reconciliation of large program budgets, ensuring accurate billing of time and hard costs.
· Postgraduate degree in public relations, marketing communications, journalism, business, or similar background.
· 6+ years of directly related experience; an agency background – a must.
· Proven experience developing comprehensive PR strategies + leading a small team of talented professionals.
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; strong technical and creative writing skills are a must.
· Business development abilities with a track record of success.
· Excellent project management skills with strong organizational and planning skills.
· Creative and strategic with demonstrated success in client account management.
· Comprehensive knowledge of Canadian media landscape with existing media relationships + key contacts.
SALARY: $85,000 – $100,000
OTHER: hybrid WFH environment WHAT NOW? If you’re qualified for this role … the ball is in your court.
1: Email your resume to Jeanne Agius at; firstname.lastname@example.org.
2: Ensure the subject line reads; MILKSHAKE – (21G23MTCHFBL) 3: Based on the job description, explain how you are qualified for this role.