Born January 4, 1890, in Hostinné, Austria-Hungary, Victor Lustig was an expert con artist, most notably known as "the man who successfully sold the Eiffel Tower – not once, but twice!" His repertoire also included the infamous "Rumanian Box" scam, better known as the Money Box.
Lustig would approach an individual with a ‘machine’ he claimed could duplicate any currency. It was a specially designed mahogany box with two small slots and several levers and mechanisms requiring precise manipulation to produce a counterfeit bill. To demonstrate the Money Box's capabilities, Lustig would request a $100 bill from his target. He'd insert the bill into his contraption, explaining it would take six hours to generate the duplicate. Once the time had passed, Lustig would retrieve what seemed like a flawless 'counterfeit' bill (though, in truth, it was an actual pre-loaded $100 bill).
Lustig would then accompany the individual to a bank to authenticate the note and once they were whipped into a frenzy, Lustig would sell them the box for thousands of dollars.
To really cement the deception, before delivering the Money Box, Lustig would secretly load it with four genuine $100 bills. Cleverly, this bought him 24 hours to escape town before the victim realized they’d fallen prey to a con.
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Nevertheless, now that we have your attention, we’re excited to tell you about our latest role with an iconic, North American organization. They’re in search of a National Account Executive who has sold into the Large Format / Big Box / Retail space.
POSITION: NATIONAL ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (RETAIL) REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR, SALES SCOPE: CANADA INDUSTRY: SECURITY
SUMMARY: The National Account Executive, will focus on hunting and overseeing the sales cycle for crucial, national, new logo opportunities in Canada’s retail sector. You’ll foster sales growth, cultivate client relationships and devise sales strategies targeting high-level / complex account acquisition. Candidates must be able to; 1. Articulate and action a repeatable and effective ‘solution sales’ process. 2. Understand & embrace measurable business value (ROI, soft cost savings, dollarizing value).
3. Understand the difference between ‘selling-to’ a prospect -vs- ‘motivating’ them to buy. RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Secure new accounts at national account level with a laser focus on the Big Box / Retail industry.
· Drive acquisition initiatives via a strategic sales process, focused on “Solution Based Selling”.
· Become the Subject Matter Expert as it relates to the retail vertical market – across Canada.
· Ensure vertical market expertise is established, using appropriate research tools & best practices.
· Develop genuine relationships to assist in the sales and account management processes.
· 7+ years of REAL solution sales experience.
· 3+ years of successful, national account level, strategic sales hunting experience.
· Driven + Entrepreneurial + No Ego … with a “let’s build this business” attitude.
· Comfortable leading and responding to an RFP process.
· Experience with BPO (Business Process Outsourcing) is extremely desirable.
· Ability to travel across Canada – (approximately once per month).
BASE SALARY: $90,000 – $100,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $90,000 (uncapped)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $180,000 – $190,000+ OTHER: benefits + rrsp contribution + vacation + work from home
INTERESTED? Then there are 3 things we need from you;
1. Please send your resume to Mark Krpan at email@example.com.
2. Ensure the subject line of your email reads MONEY BOX – 19J23-MTCHFBL
3. In a short email … tell Mark about your experience selling into national retailers.