During World War II, British and American air forces conducted bombing raids over Europe. To disrupt the enemy's radar systems, they would drop countless tiny strips of aluminum foil, known as ‘chaff’, from their planes.
These strips created confusion on enemy radar screens.
The challenge was, that after releasing chaff over a large area, it needed to be collected for reuse.
Soldiers and airmen had to retrieve the chaff, which was basically like looking for needles in a massive haystack.
They developed various techniques, including using magnets to collect the metallic strips, and in some cases, even trained pigeons to peck at the chaff to indicate its location.
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role? Nothing at all!
Now that we have your attention, we’d like to direct you to Jeanne Agius’ latest role – a Public Relations Account Director in the GTA. This role also offers the flexibility of a hybrid work arrangement! POSITION: PUBLIC RELATIONS ACCOUNT DIRECTOR
OFFICE: DOWNTOWN TORONTO (HYBRID – 2X FROM HOME) INDUSTRY: PUBLIC RELATIONS & COMMUNICATIONS
· Formulate public relations strategies tailored to a diverse clientele.
· Supervise account teams, ensuring quality and timely delivery.
· Oversee multiple accounts, managing client expectations, budgets, + team efficiency.
· Foresee clients' strategic needs + proactively address them.
· Play an instrumental role in new business acquisition and organic client growth.
· Direct media and influencer relations + mentor teams for effective client service delivery.
· Manage significant program budgets, ensuring meticulous billing.
· Postgraduate degree in PR, marketing communications, journalism, business, or a related field.
· 7+ years of pertinent experience, with an agency background being essential.
· In-depth understanding of the Canadian media scene and established media relationships.
SALARY: $100,000 – $120,000
OTHER: health benefits + hybrid work arrangement + birthday off + paid vacation + extended weekends + professional growth avenues WHAT NOW? If you’re qualified for this role … the ball is in your court.
1: Email your resume to Jeanne Agius at; firstname.lastname@example.org.
2: Ensure the subject line reads; NEEDLE IN A HAYSTACK – 6J23MTCHFBL
3: Based on the job description, explain how you are qualified for this role.