Here’s a little-known fact you’ve likely never ever considered.
According to Canada’s Currency Act, it is against the law to pay for something using too many coins.
For example, if solely paying with nickels, according to the letter of the law, you can’t make a purchase for more than $5.00.
If paying with loonies, the limit is $25.00.
And when it comes to twoonies, the magic number is $40.00.
Oh, and while we’re at it, it’s also technically illegal to remove a bandage in public!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Nothing at all!
That said, while you’re here, Mate Pavkovic is looking for a Legal Administrative Assistant (Corporate Commercial) for our client’s bustling practice.
POSITION: LEGAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (CORPORATE COMMERCIAL) LOCATION: TORONTO INDUSTRY: LEGAL SERVICES
· Assist with preparation, drafting, editing, and finalizing closing agendas and all transactional documents relating to lending and corporate transactions.
· Help prepare annual resolutions and organize and track delivery of closing documents.
· Handle a high volume of daily administrative tasks.
· Enter dockets daily – ensuring accuracy.
· Manage duties related to accounting and billing.
· Open and amend files.
· Proofread and check documents.
· Diarize and monitor deadlines for multiple files to ensure tasks are completed.
· Ensure electronic and physical files follow the established system.
· Liaise with clients and other lawyers to take instructions, obtain information, and report on status.
· Facilitate wire transfers and communicate with clients, as needed.
· Communicate professionally with all internal and external clients.
· Assist with compiling Record Books.
· Arrange meetings + calendar management.
· Cross-train with team member for sick/vacation coverage.
· 1+ year experience as a Legal Administrative Assistant in Financial Services or Corporate Law.
· Successful completion of a related post-secondary Legal Assistant or Law Clerk program.
· Knowledge of Workshare Compare or a similar document comparison program.
· Knowledge of PPSA and supporting documents is considered an asset.
· Able to work overtime, when necessary.
· Able to handle time pressure situations and stress of multiple demands.
REMUNERATION SALARY RANGE: $60,000 – $70,000 OTHER: benefits + vacation + professional & wellness programs
INTERESTED? If so, there are 3 things we need from you;
1. Send your resume to Mate Pavkovic at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Ensure subject line of email reads; SPARE CHANGE – 27J23MTCHFBL
3. In a short email, please tell Mate why you are a fit for this position.