Once upon a time, 3 men who worked together at a company called Atari, decided to start their own company.
On April 1, 1976, they signed a partnership agreement.
Two of the men would each own 45% of the company – leaving the third man with a measly 10% share. 12 days later, that third man, Ronald got ‘cold feet’ about the venture and figured he’d be better off selling his 10% stake – for $800.00. Years went by, and the small company continued to grow and grow.
It grew so much in fact, that had Ronald chosen to hold onto those shares, today, they would be worth far more than $800.00. How much more? About $200,000,000,000.00 (that’s 200 billion) more!
If you haven’t figured it out, the company was – Apple!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Nothing at all!
That said, while we’ve got your attention, Mate Pavkovic is looking for a Legal Administrative Assistant to support a busy team. This position works closely with another assistant supporting a busy Corporate/Financial Services Partner. To be successful, you must have the drive to learn, be willing to step up to support the group, be organized, resourceful, and diligent in completing your work with accuracy.
POSITION: LEGAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (CORPORATE COMMERCIAL) LOCATION: TORONTO INDUSTRY: LEGAL SERVICES
· Assist with preparation, drafting, editing and finalizing closing agendas and all transactional documents relating to lending and corporate transactions.
· Help prepare annual resolutions and organize and track delivery of closing documents.
· Handle a high volume of daily administrative tasks.
· Enter dockets daily and ensure they are accurately and consistent.
· Manage duties related to accounting and billing.
· Open and amend files + proofread and check documents.
· Diarize and monitor deadlines for multiple files.
· Ensure electronic and physical files follow the established system.
· Liaise with clients and other lawyers to take instructions, obtain information, and report on status.
· Facilitate wire transfers and communicate with internal and external clients.
· Assist with compiling Record Books + arrange meetings + calendar management.
· 2+ years’ previous experience as a Legal Administrative Assistant in Financial Services or Corporate Law.
· Successful completion of a related post-secondary Legal Assistant or Law Clerk program.
· Cross-train with team member for sick/vacation coverage.
· Knowledge of Workshare Compare or a similar document comparison program.
· Knowledge of PPSA and supporting documents – an asset.
· Handle time pressure situations and stress of multiple demands.
REMUNERATION SALARY RANGE: $60,000 – $75,000 OTHER: benefits + vacation + professional & wellness programs
INTERESTED? If so, there are 3 things we need from you;
1. Send your resume to Mate Pavkovic at email@example.com.
2. Ensure subject line of email reads; TEN% – 16H23MTCHFBL
3. In a short email, tell Mate why you should be considered for this position.