Before ships began to be powered by steam or fuel, almost every one of them was equipped solely with sails.
Attached to the sails were ropes. The skilled manipulation of these ropes directly affected the shape of the sail and as such, allowed the vessel to maneuver through the water.
New recruits had to learn to tie special knots and carefully control the ropes to move the sails and capture wind most effectively.
This series of lessons was referred to as – “learning the ropes”. What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
That said, while you’re here, Mate Pavkovic’s client is a prominent Canadian business law firm providing strategic legal and business advice in all areas of business law. They’re located in the heart of Toronto’s financial district and looking for a Legal Assistant (Labour & Employment Litigation).
POSITION: LEGAL ASSISTANT (LABOUR & EMPLOYMENT LITIGATION) LOCATION: TORONTO INDUSTRY: LEGAL SERVICES
· Assist in the preparation and completion of various labour and employment litigation documentation which includes but not limited to Applications, Responses, motion records, pleadings, notices, affidavits, affidavits of documents, correspondence for Superior Court, Court of Appeal, Small Claims Court, Ontario Labour Relations Board, Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario, CIRB and WSIB.
· Track all critical due dates.
· Assist in preparation of employee handbooks, offers of employment, and termination notices.
· Arrange meetings, discoveries, and mediations.
· Communicate professionally with internal and external clients ) + various court and tribunal offices and opposing counsel(s).
· Handle administrative details with respect to accounting, opening and closing files, docketing, billing, etc.
· Heavy calendar management.
· Registration of various conferences, including booking of accommodation and flight arrangements.
· Submission of expenses.
· 5+ years’ Litigation legal experience
· Previous experience with Caselines
· Successful completion of a post-secondary level legal assistant or law clerk course
· Superior knowledge of various tribunals, courts and the Rules of Civil Procedure
· The ability to be flexible to the changing demands of the job
· Handle time pressure situations and stress of multiple demands
· Keep on top of lawyers and work without instructions, when appropriate
· Strong technical skills using MS Office and ACL (Automated Civil Litigation)
REMUNERATION SALARY RANGE: $60,000 – $70,000 OTHER: benefits + vacation + professional & wellness programs
INTERESTED? If so, there are 3 things we need from you;
1. Send your resume to Mate Pavkovic at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Ensure subject line of email reads; THE ROPES – 21J23MTCHFBL
3. In a short email, please tell Mate why you should be considered for this position.