Wilma Rudolph was born on June 23, 1940, in St. Bethlehem, Tennessee. As a young child, she faced several serious health challenges including, double pneumonia, scarlet fever, and polio. Doctors told Wilma she would never walk again. Her mother told Wilma, she would. Thankfully, Wilma chose to believe her mother! With undying resolve and intense physical therapy, Wilma overcame her disabilities – and then some! Growing up in the segregated South, Rudolph attended the all-Black Burt High School, where she played on the basketball team. A naturally gifted runner, she was recruited to train with the Tennessee State University team. At 16 years-old, Wilma qualified for the 1956 Olympic Games and won a bronze medal in the 400-meter relay. After high school, she enrolled at Tennessee State, where she continued training for the next Olympics.
The 1960 Olympics in Rome, Italy, proved to be Rudolph's golden moment!
She tied the world record in the 100-meter semifinals and went on to win the event with a time of 11.0 seconds. Next, Rudolph broke the Olympic record in the 200-meter dash and claimed another gold medal with a time of 24.0 seconds. She was also part of the U.S. team that set a world record in the 400-meter relay, winning gold with a time of 44.5 seconds. Rudolph's remarkable achievements made her the first American woman to win three gold medals in track and field – at a single Olympic Games!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
That said, while you’re here, Janna French is looking for an Account Executive in the Fraser Valley (BC). This world-class organization provides a wonderful career opportunity for the right individual.
Match and Fable is working with an internationally renowned and highly respected logo. If you’ve dreamed of working for a multi-billion-dollar organization – with a focus on flexibility and responsiveness in their solutions – look no further. Our client offers one of the most admired workplace cultures in the nation! They offer genuine career progression opportunities – and the environment is exceptionally collaborative. POSITION: FIELD ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE LOCATION: FRASER VALLEY, BC INDUSTRY: COURIER + SUPPLY CHAIN OFFICE: 95% WFH
· Dedicated focus, selling complex supply chain solutions to companies located in the Frasier Valley in BC.
· The role includes both growth and retention targets (Share of Wallet + New Logo acquisition).
· Forecast, track client account performance metrics, vertical and market specific research and understand. industry trends to enable growth + cross functional internal collaboration to support client requirements.
· Negotiate complex contracts and strategic multi-year renewals for client base.
· Facilitate sales process involving appropriate internal resources to ensure client satisfaction.
· Maintain and update CRM + lead and orchestrate Quotes + Bids + RFIs + RFPs.
· Post secondary education (Diploma or Degree)
· ~3+ years of progressive, B2B, client facing sales experience.
· A ‘Solution Selling’ based background – selling into V-Suite and C-Suite decision-makers.
· Experience selling value – not price.
· Strong financial acumen.
BASE SALARY: $70,000 – $80,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $25,000 (at 100% of plan + ability to overachieve) ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $95,000 – $105,000
OTHER: RRSP + benefits + car allowance & mileage + WFH WHAT NOW?
1. Email your resume to Janna French at email@example.com.
2. Ensure the subject line reads; WILMA RUDOLPH – 7G23MTCHFBL
3. Based on the job description, please highlight how your experience could be a fit for this role.